Happy Thursday. Spring practice marches on as the weekend gets closer. And it’s getting warmer! Follow us on Twitter and enjoy today’s links from the around the Huskyverse.
- Towards the end of last year, Jen Cohen quietly received a raise, moving her into the top half of Pac-12 ADs. Mike Vorel with all the details on her well-deserved extension.
- Adam Jude sat in for Vorel during UW’s ninth spring practice and noted the pass rush looking better than usual. Peyton Henry was also 5-5 on field goals—he will face stiff competition with Tim Horn coming in the fall.
- The Huskies have a ton of young talent on the DL, but will need some older guys to step up. One of them is walk-on John Clark, who hopes to take on an increased role this season.
- A chat with Christian Caple on all things Husky football, including who the “must get” 2020 recruits are.
- A couple of Huskies will be visiting with Rams before the draft. Could Taylor Rapp or Kaleb McGary be the Rams’ first round pick?
- Speaking of Rapp...
Taylor Rapp was a tried and true tackler and only missed three tackles all season long. pic.twitter.com/OI925tRoNj— PFF Draft (@PFF_College) April 18, 2019
- Dawgman puts the spotlight on the LBs on Day Nine of practice.
- We have been saying for a while that the Huskies need a big receiver...
- Darrell Daniels giving back to his community with a free youth football camp. And look at that Special Guest, Kevin King!
View this post on Instagram
I am excited to announce that I will be hosting my very own second annual Youth Football Camp on Saturday May 18, 2019 for Ages 8-18 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM ! This time in my Home town of Pittsburg, California ! This is something that means a lot to me being that I was once a kid growing up in this same city with dreams and aspirations of making it out, And now I’m able to host my own camp here aiming to motivate and aspire the youth. Showing them that you can make it out too ! You can register and sign up through the link in Bio. Hope to see everyone there ! If you can repost the flyer and tag me thank you in advance. See y’all soon!!! It’s free btw
- Center swag:
Every team has that one lineman who can lowkey dance pic.twitter.com/UnvZG4vGB0— The Big Guy (@WeAreBigGuys) April 18, 2019
- The home-and-home series with Auburn has been pushed back to the 2020-21 season.
- In better news, there are new Huskies! Highlighted by 5-star Isaiah Stewart, the Huskies signed four new players yesterday. Quade Green was already enrolled and in school, but was announced with the rest of the 2019 class: