If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- PFF released a new mock draft Thursday, and this one has two Dawgs taken in the first round, and one going in the top 10 picks.
- Washington’s latest QB commit Ethan Garbers is the brother of Cal quarterback Chase Garbers. The trash talk has already begun from the elder Garber, who can’t believe his brother committed to a school that “Can’t beat Cal.”
- Our friends at Block U rank Utah’s toughest games for 2019, and a team that beat them twice in ‘18 earns deserved respect.
- The Husky Haul says that while UW will be breaking in a new starting QB and RB, there is one big piece returning with plenty to prove.
Of course, in the comments for this there’s a Stanford fan tallying up all the badminton and swimming titles:
Football & Baskeball Conference Championships in the Pac-12 Era:— WestCoastCFB (@WestCoastCFB) March 8, 2019
1. Arizona - 4
1. Washington - 4
1. Oregon - 4
4. Stanford - 3
5. USC - 1
5. UCLA - 1
WSU, Utah, ASU, Colorado, Cal, OSU - 0
Husky Women (10-20) pull off a big upset in Vegas:
No. 11 seed Washington shocks sixth-seeded Utah in Pac-12 women's tournament openerhttps://t.co/ncPXjyjkQR— Seattle Times Sports (@SeaTimesSports) March 8, 2019
- Alex Dietz from The Daily says that the first round Pac-12 Tourney win for the UW Women was their best performance of the season.
- Matt Calkins of the Seattle Times writes that the Husky men (almost) assured themselves of a spot in the big dance with Wednesday’s win over Oregon St.
- Photographer Jaya Harrell from The Daily has some great shots in this photo gallery from Wednesday’s OT win over the Beavers.
Senior Night, 7pm AA Arena:
Don't forget that Saturday's game is a Stripe Out!— Washington Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) March 7, 2019
Let's make Alaska Airlines Arena an unforgettable environment to send off our seniors.
>> https://t.co/n346gp3axs#TougherTogether pic.twitter.com/03106PIVHf
Not bad Fetters, not bad:
THYBULLE— Chris (@Chris_Fetters) March 7, 2019
Thybulle; 3rd person present: thybulles; past tense: thybulled; gerund or present participle: thybulling
1. take (another person's property) without permission and without intending to return it.
"thieves thybulled her bicycle" pic.twitter.com/ApIdal8EQy
UW plays Ohio State today at 3:45. Dawgs have not lost a game at the Husky Classic in over 10 years.
UW Men’s Tennis (3-8) have now lost three in a row and are 1-6 in their past seven matches:
The new Regionals system means UW will have to compete two days in a row to qualify for the national championship. This weekend they simulate the short turnaround time:
This year’s track and field championship events will be available to live stream via ESPN3. Day 1 event streaming will begin at 3:30pm today:
Dawgs run away in the final 14 minutes: