If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Percy Allen notes that the Huskies obviously dropped out of the AP Poll following their loss to Cal and narrow win at Stanford and Jerry Palm plunged the Huskies to a 10-seed.
- Joe Lunardi was much less harsh and has Washington as an 8-seed in Salt Lake City and he is desperate to project a UW-Syracuse first round matchup for about the 8th time this season.
- Bracket Matrix, which is a compilation of 110 mock brackets across the internet, has the Huskies as the last #8 seed as of Tuesday morning.
- Jon Rothstein for SI thinks that the Pac-12 should consider adding Gonzaga because apparently he is unaware that football exists everywhere but in Spokane...
- Stewart Mandel at The Athletic ($) lists Chris Petersen as the 3rd best coach in college football.
- Most Seattle area fans would be ok with this result as Matt Miller projects Taylor Rapp as the #21 pick to the Seahawks and Byron Murphy to the Raiders at #24 in his post-combine mock draft.
- The Husky DB’s finished up the combine yesterday and Taylor Rapp in particular put up some great agility numbers and led all safeties in the 20-yard shuttle
Top official short shuttles for safeties at #NFLCombine:— NFL Draft (@NFLDraft) March 4, 2019
1. Taylor Rapp, @UW_Football, 3.99
2. Marvell Tell, @USC_Athletics, 4.01
3. Lukas Denis, @BCFootball, 4.09
4. Amani Hooker, @HawkeyeFootball, 4.10
5. Will Harris, @BCFootball, 4.12
- Byron Murphy made NFL.com’s all-combine defensive team at corner because despite some pedestrian testing numbers he was by far the best player in all of the drills (BBK was honorable mention at linebacker).
- Meanwhile Kaleb McGary was the starting right tackle for their all-combine offensive team.
- Washington had one of the best athletic performances of any school: