If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Joe Lunardi has the Huskies as a #8 seed in Salt Lake City with a rematch against Gonzaga looming in his latest bracketology update.
- UW has achieved “should be in” status in ESPN’s bubble watch with only one other Pac-12 team under consideration.
- Washington was the 26th team in the top-25 AP Poll rankings and the Seattle Times writes that UW is collateral in the Pac-12’s identity crisis.
- Percy Allen lists his midseason picks for the Pac-12 awards.
- Yahoo reported that the NCAA investigation is underway in Tucson right as the Huskies prepare to visit on Thursday.
- And the Wildcats will be without their 5-star freshman PG for that game
Sean Miller said on his radio show tonight that Brandon Williams (knee) won't play this week against both Washington and Washington State.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) February 5, 2019
In honor of @Coach_Hopkins starting the Pac-12 schedule 9-0---— Niko Tamurian (@NikoTamurian) February 4, 2019
Let's take a look back at when Hop was hustling and playing his heart out for the 'Cuse.
Somehow, Coach still has that same incredible energy today for @UW_MBB @CNYcentral @MikeKOMOsports pic.twitter.com/ixJGShC3ce
- Chris Fetters at Dawgman joined Softy on KJR last night to talk about signing day tomorrow and where the Huskies stand with their primary targets.
- Scott Eklund ($) at Dawgman also had updates in his recruiting blog yesterday.
- The Athletic ($) re-ranks the 2015 recruiting class and Washington finishes much better than they did at the time.
Per an ESPN press release, the signing day announcement for 4-star LB Henry To'oto'o will air on ESPNU some time in the 12 p.m. PT hour Wednesday. Finalists are UW, Alabama and Tennessee.— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) February 4, 2019