If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Congrats to Matisse Thybulle who won his 1st career Pac-12 player of the week award for efforts at home against the mountain schools
.@MatisseThybulle was a defensive menace this weekend.— Pac-12 Network (@Pac12Network) February 25, 2019
In addition to averaging 6.0 steals and 4.5 blocks, the @UW_MBB senior moved into No. 2 on the Conference's all-time steals list.
Thybulle is the #Pac12Hoops player of the week. https://t.co/jcm4dbk6rk pic.twitter.com/v9V1Xqr63O
- The Huskies moved up to #25 in the AP Poll which is the first time they’ve been ranked since the opening week of the season.
- Washington’s adding a member to their walk-on/student coaching program from Rochester, New York
- 2021 5-star recruit from O’Dea Paolo Banchero has a pair of Husky Sports alumni for parents which is the lead story in the Seattle Times preview of the 3A boys basketball tournament this week which starts on Thursday and features several other Husky commits/targets as well
- Corey Evans at Rivals answers the question of whether Washington has built up positive momentum going into the 2020 recruiting class
- Mason Kelley’s profile series on all of the UW basketball players continues with Bryan Penn-Johnson
- Arizona head coach Sean Miller will be subpoenaed in the upcoming trial of Christian Dawkins which can’t make the administration feel good about retaining him for next season...
- UW commit Isaiah Stewart is one of 5 finalists for the Naismith High School Player of the Year award
Five finalists for the Jersey Mike's Naismith High School Player of the Year: Cole Anthony, Vernon Carey, Anthony Edwards, Isaiah Stewart and James Wiseman— Jerry Meyer (@jerrymeyer247) February 26, 2019
- Jon Wilner looks at the possibility of a “strategic alliance” between the Pac-12 and the Big 12
- Rob Rang mentions a few Huskies in his bold predictions for the NFL Combine
- Byron Murphy is getting ready for this week’s NFL Combine
- So is Taylor Rapp. He’s kind of in shape.
- 247Sports had plenty of coverage from the Pylon 7v7 tournament this past weekend in Las Vegas in which the local team went undefeated for the championship. The squad included 2021 UW commit QB Sam Huard plus other UW targets such as Sa’vell Smalls, Emeka Egbuka, Sam Adams, Kelee Ringo, Johnny Wilson, and others. Here’s Biggins’ free recruiting notebook and here’s Huffman’s version available to subscribers.
- Dawgman has an interview with a potential PWO candidate to join the 2019 recruiting class.
Please welcome the newest Husky, the 12th member of the 2019-20 freshman class, all the way from Perth, Australia, Melany Smart!— Washington Track & Field (@UWTrack) February 26, 2019
Melany is the 2018 Australian U18 Champion at 3,000-meters.