- Let’s start by reliving a very high note. The Dawgs thoroughly dominated Boise State in the Las Vegas Bowl. Mike Vorel of the Seattle Times provided his recap of the game. The Athletic’s Christian Caple also has his thoughts on the game, and an explanation for why Jimmy Lake is the right man to take the lead for the program.
- Larry Stone added his thoughts on the bowl game. He highlighted all the ways the game was a changing of the guard for the Huskies.
- The football news didn’t stop there. The day after the bowl win, the team announced that Offensive Coordinator Bush Hamdan and TE coach Jordan Paopao would not return to the team. The Seattle Times weighed in on the news, and Christian Caple also provided context for the decision. It’s still early, but two names to watch are former Notre Dame OC Chip Long and Ohio State Passing Game Coordinator Mike Yurcich. Texas, Oregon, and Arkansas are also in the market for new OCs, and that competition might give some insight on Lake’s timing.
- Husky basketball got a nice win over a game Ball State squad in the first round of the Diamond Head Classic in Honolulu. The Seattle Times has the recap of the game, which the Dawgs put away early in the second half. Hawaii, the tournament host, awaits in round two, with a possible showdown against Houston looming in the finals.
- Lots of good stuff from GoHuskies.com. First, they put together this great video tribute to Coach Petersen.
They also had an excellent photo gallery from the Vegas Bowl. Finally, we might as well re-watch the highlights from the dominant UW performance a few more times.
And just for good measure: