If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and — although he’s no longer with the DawgPound staff — Ryan Priest still has the best damn lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, and Washington coaches, To the Dots!
This was the final weekend before the early singing day (this Wednesday) in college football. Today, we have a lot of links related to who visited, who didn’t and who (re)committed.
- The big news was the recommitment of four-star corner back Jacobe Covington.
- In recruiting circles, the news that Utah four-star DL Xavier Carlton didn’t make his scheduled visit was also a hot topic:
Hearing 4-star 2020 DL Xavier Carlton canceled his UW OV ... which is fine. UW doesn't need to suddenly scramble now to sign a fringe Pac-12 DL. In our story a couple days ago, 247's Brandon Huffman called this "one of the weakest defensive line classes I’ve ever seen out west."— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) December 14, 2019
- For a full review of the big recruiting weekend, check out Aaron’s summary.
- Also, check out Dawgman.com’s recruiting podcast summarizing Washington’s recruiting weekend.
- Mike Vorel provides a nice preview of Washington’s matchup against Boise State in the Las Vegas bowl.
- Larry Stone gives his thoughts on Hunter Bryant and Trey Adams skipping the bowl game.
- And more from the Seattle Times’ as Matt Calkins writes about what having an eight-team College Football Playoff would mean for the Pac-12.
- The Washington volleyball team fell one game short of making the Final Four after a loss to Baylor in Waco, Texas this weekend.
- Are you going to the basketball games against Seattle U (men’s) or San Francisco (women’s) this week? If so, make sure to bring a Teddy Bear or two to donate:
Bring a new or gently used teddy bear to one of our upcoming Teddy Bear Toss events benefiting the Salvation Army.— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) December 15, 2019
Dec. 17 @UW_MBB >> https://t.co/pb3VlW2AYP
Dec. 20 @UW_WBB >> https://t.co/tzAg0VlwmT#GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/BeQdZaUuWG
- Finally, see Fultz fly:
That’s it for today. Go Dawgs!