If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Jon Wilner provides his predictions for the Pac-12 all-conference teams and awards which come out later this morning. 3 Huskies make his 1st team and 4 make his 2nd team.
- Washington is doing all they can to land 4-star DL Xavier Carlton who will be in Seattle this weekend for an official visit just before the start of the early signing period.
Another Great Visit this evening with @CoachLakeUDUB @MalloeMalloe @CoachK_UW . Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedules to come by and see us! #GoDawgs #PurpleReign pic.twitter.com/NAzOYl2zvT— Xavier Carlton#44 (@xaviercarlton44) December 10, 2019
- Washington DB commit Elijah Jackson has laid low for the last several months but he speaks to Dawgman about the impact the coaching change has had on his recruitment.
- UW QB commit Ethan Garbers moved up from 233 to 179 in the latest refresh of the 247 rankings while former and hopefully future UW commit Jacobe Covington jumped from 201 to 186.
- An interesting thought experiment in which Washington might’ve gotten to lose to Alabama twice instead of once:
Btw, here's what the 8-team (P5 champs + G5 + 2 at-large) playoff would have produced so far in the CFP era:— Bill Connelly (@ESPN_BillC) December 9, 2019
* G5 champ would've been dang competitive in 2015 and 2017, at the very least
* At least 2 dynamite QFs in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018; maybe FOUR in 2017 pic.twitter.com/uhYnoxQWCm
Looking for tickets to the @LasVegasBowl and want to sit with fellow Husky fans? Sit in Sections 121-134 and 224-234 at Sam Boyd Stadium to cheer on the Dawgs.#GoHuskies x #PurpleReign— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) December 9, 2019
- Data Dawg takes a look at the decision facing Jacob Eason from a financial perspective.
- Percy Allen analyzes the UW-Gonzaga game and comes to the conclusion that the Huskies need to mix things up if they’re ever going to beat the Zags.
- Isaiah Stewart had an extremely strong week even if the Dawgs weren’t able to quite pull out the win against Gonzaga.
Congrats to @Dreamville_33 on earning his first @Pac12 honor as he was named the Freshman of the Week after averaging 16.3 pts and 10.3 rebounds last week! #TougherTogether pic.twitter.com/RpEHnstQXy— Washington Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) December 9, 2019
The Bilastrator’s Rookie of the Week: Isaiah Stewart, Washington. You’re welcome, America! pic.twitter.com/zfz0tbVSBy— Jay Bilas (@JayBilas) December 9, 2019
- Following their second loss of the season the Huskies dropped out of the AP Poll and essentially fell to 27th in the Others Receiving Votes. With another week until their next game it will likely be several more weeks before they realistically can rejoin the top-25.
- Joe Lunardi dropped Washington to a #8 seed playing West Virginia with a chance to play Ohio State in Cleveland.
- Say what you will about Bill Walton but this exchange about Joe Lunardi was hilarious:
Bill Walton getting @ESPNLunardi & I confused.— Paul Biancardi (@PaulBiancardi) December 10, 2019
“Is that the guy from Philly who lives in the cave”?
A @BillWalton classic! @roxybernstein running point here! @JonRothstein first to report. pic.twitter.com/YNJDVeMl4Y