Asked what he thinks annual expectations for Washington should be, Chris Petersen says: "We should be (competing) for the Pac-12 championship. That’s the goal, and that’s what we should be able to do."— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) November 25, 2019
Chris Petersen says that Jaxson Kirkland is "all right" and that he didn't suffer a serious injury against Colorado. Not sure whether he'll play against WSU.— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) November 25, 2019
- Here are some detailed notes of the press conference if you don’t have time to watch all of it.
- Mike Vorel looks at whether the Washington offense panicked after a string of 3-and-outs in the first half.
- Christian Caple has his Final Thoughts from last Saturday’s game against Colorado.
- Caple also lists out his Washington All-Decade team for the 2010’s which includes 3 players from the current roster.
- Hunter Bryant is one of 3 finalists for the John Mackey Award given to the top Tight End in college football. Austin Seferian-Jenkins won the award in 2013.
- Stewart Mandel projects the Huskies to face Iowa in the Redbox Bowl.
- 5-star WR target for the Class of 2021 Troy Franklin released his top 11 (...) last night which includes the Huskies. Brandon Huffman interviewed Franklin to get a quick quote on each team.
Thank you to all the coaches who have taken the time to recruit me and given me the opportunity to play for their programs. I’m grateful to be in this position.— Troy Franklin (@TroooyyyyyyTroy) November 26, 2019
With that being said, here are my top 11 schools : pic.twitter.com/pv9rVpE4e4
- Washington moved up 2 spots in the AP Poll to #23 overall after a trio of home victories against mid major teams.
- Joe Lunardi had the Huskies 25th in his seed line rankings for the NCAA tournament before last night’s game which would be the equivalent to the best #7 seed.
...25-Wash, 26-VCU, 27-Xavier, 28-Colo; 29-Mich, 30-StMary, 31-Wisc, 32-PennSt; 33-Lsu, 34-Butler, 35-Okla, 36-Ark; 37-Marq, 38-Wvu, 39-Cincy, 40-Illinois; 41-Dayton, 42-MissSt, 43-NCSt, 44-HOU, 45-Creigh, 46-SDSt...— Joe Lunardi (@ESPNLunardi) November 25, 2019
- Some highlights in case you missed Sunday night’s game
Washington Athletics Dots
- The Washington Men’s Soccer team will host Marshall at 5p on Sunday in the 3rd round of the NCAA tournament.
- It’s senior day for the volleyball team this Saturday as they host Washington State at 5p.
- Kara Bajema set a Husky record after she won her 5th Pac-12 player of the week award this season and 2nd consecutive such honor.