It’s Monday, and you’re reading Dots. That can only mean one thing. It’s Monday Dots.
Let’s start on the gridiron.
- The Seattle Times has full coverage of the vintage 19-7 win over Oregon State. Mike Vorel covered the game and Larry Stone said that the Huskies showed heart amidst a disappointing season.
- Christian Caple at The Athletic had his own coverage of the game, which focused on the restoration of the Huskies’ dominant defense. In his game recap, Caple said this performance was one the Huskies knew they had within them.
- The Tacoma News Tribune noted the return of Richard Newton as a highlight of the victory.
There were just as many highlights on the hardwood.
- Percy Allen summarized some of the themes from UW’s win over a top-20 Baylor team in Anchorage after a string of UW losses to ranked opponents.
- Lauren Kirschman from the TNT had her own takeaways from the victory.
- Coach Hopkins got a win off the court, as well, with the commitment of local top-100 recruit Jackson Grant, a lanky big man with a sweet shot.
- Not surprisingly, the win put the Huskies in the AP top 25.
The Huskies were busy elsewhere, as well.
- Husky alumni Christian Roldan and Handwalla Bwana helped the Sounders capture their second MLS Cup on Sunday.
- The Volleyball team came up with a win over Oregon State, which brought the Dawgs to 19-5 and 10-4 in conference.
- The Women’s Soccer team fell 1-0 to Stanford in a battle of top-5 teams. The Huskies maintain the inside track to a Pac-12 title.
- For more on other Husky sports, check out the updates at Go Huskies.
+ +— Washington Football (@UW_Football) November 11, 2019
Check out everything from Friday night's win at Oregon State.#PurpleReign
- Last but not least, happy Veteran’s Day and thanks to all the Veterans.