- The last un-scheduled Husky home game is now on the books and it’s yet another afternoon affair. That means the only Husky Stadium night game this year was the Cal thunderstorm debacle.
- The Athletic updates their NFL Draft QB rankings post-Oregon game and Herbert is in stock neutral and Eason is in stock up.
- CBS also profiles the Herbert, Eason showdown and declared Eason the winner on the field and towards NFL Draft stock.
- The Athletic has their Pac-12 roundtable recapping last weekend.
- The Banner Society went into the history of the “player lying down in the end zone” trick play and confirmed that based on the most recent rules interpretations, Washington did everything possible to avoid drawing a penalty and the refs reached into broad, vague powers to throw the flag.
- Blair Angulo of 247 has an update on Washington OL commit Roger Rosengarten who received his All American Bowl jersey.
WEEK 8 ADVANCED BOX SCORES— Bill Connelly (@ESPN_BillC) October 21, 2019
OREGON 35, WASHINGTON 31
* UW had a FP edge and, for 3 quarters, a massive efficiency advantage. Hence the postgame win exp.
* Oregon took over just in the nick of time, but SP+ sees a game UW wins more often than not. OH WELL, survive and advance. pic.twitter.com/4RAqAlY1wv
- The Washington Men’s Basketball team was essentially ranked 26th in the preseason AP Poll as they finished with the most points in the Others Receiving Votes section. The Huskies have games on the schedule against #8 Gonzaga, #15 Oregon, #21 Arizona (2) and start off the year versus #16 Baylor.
- It was a great day for former Husky Dejounte Murray yesterday after he signed a 4 year, $64 million guaranteed contract extension as well as a shoe deal with New Balance.
SAN ANTONIO, We Are Locked In For 4 More Years And I Couldn’t Be More Thankful And Grateful For The Love And LOYALTY From The Spurs Organization, All The Way To The Fans Across The World. I’m Still Speechless And Lost For Words. The Best Part Is I Got A Lot Of Work To Do! pic.twitter.com/KOCzLQYmH8— Dejounte Murray (@DejounteMurray) October 22, 2019
Spurs guard Dejounte Murray has signed a multi-million dollar shoe endorsement deal with New Balance, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. His Spurs deal also can reach $70M with incentives ($64M guaranteed).— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) October 22, 2019
Washington Athletics Dots
- The Huskies had a women’s tennis doubles pair make the ITA NW Regional Doubles Final with Sedona Gallagher and Katarina Kopcalic.