The Huskies did some things well against Oregon and others poorly. Some calls went in the Dawgs’ favors, and others, decidedly did not. The sum total was a close game that ended with the wrong team on top (maybe not wrong by the scoreboard, but wrong in the natural order of things). What to make of it?
- The Seattle Times has a full slate of coverage. Mike Vorel talks the three things we learned from Oregon’s win. The hot take-y Matt Calkins says that the Huskies’ season will be a disappointment no matter how it ends. Hard to argue with him this time. Vorel also goes into more depth on Chico McClatcher’s “deception” penalty.
- Christian Caple deals with the tough reality that this year’s Husky team isn’t good enough to win the Pac-12. He also rounded up additional thoughts on the game after some time to digest it all. While you’re over at The Athletic, check our their rankings of draft-eligible QBs, where Jacob Eason ranks between two familiar names- Justin Herbert and Jake Fromm.
- Dawgman has interviews with Chris Petersen and many of the players.
- On the Oregon side, Aaron Fentress describes the victory as a signature win for Justin Herbert. It also happens to keep the Pac-12 in the CFP discussion.
- Several other Husky teams had more success than the football team over the weekend. Men’s and Women’s Rowing were in Boston for the Head of the Charles. The Women’s Championship Fours had the best result. The Women’s Golf team finished fourth at the Cardinal Cup. Women’s Tennis pulled off some upsets. Volleyball and Women’s Soccer both faced off against Arizona and both came out on top.
- From Twitter
No-call on Oregon-Washington game as shot from field and vantage point of field official... pass interference or no?— John Canzano (@johncanzanobft) October 20, 2019
Huskies final play from scrimmage: pic.twitter.com/KK5RemxLHP
Photos from Saturday's game - UW vs Oregon!https://t.co/ulddsfvifF#WashingtonHuskies #OregonDucks #vincemillerphoto #PuyallupRiverCourier pic.twitter.com/eEEXjPDCuw— Vince Miller Photo (@vmillerphoto) October 20, 2019
Kevin King picks it off in the end zone! @King_kevvoo #GoPackGo #OAKvsGB— NFL (@NFL) October 20, 2019
: NFL app // Yahoo Sports app
Watch free on mobile: https://t.co/wAXJCleXiU pic.twitter.com/rTUnIiqmId
Marcus Peters making his impact felt in Baltimore. pic.twitter.com/gKrJOrepiv— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) October 20, 2019