If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and — although he’s no longer with the DawgPound staff — Ryan Priest still has the best damn lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, and Washington coaches, To the Dots!
- Evan Wong from the Daily previews Saturday’s game with their 3-2-1 Football Primer.
- The Athletic ($) goes deep into all things UW and Arizona with Christian Caple and Wildcat beat writer C.J. Holmes.
- The Huskies won’t have freshman running back Richard Newton for Saturday night’s game, but the explosive runner is listed as week-to-week.
- Listen to the Chris Petersen show with Tony Castricone, where the coach confesses that he hates talking to the media after games like the Stanford loss. He says when he tries to explain what happened, it just sounds like he is making a bunch of excuses.
- It’s hard to believe, but the Huskies have lost 15 of 16 games when trailing at the half. Matt Calkins from The Seattle Times digs into why.
- College Football News previews the UW/Arizona game, and says Arizona does what the Huskies want an opponent to do.
Dawgman gets you ready for Saturday Night in the desert:
Print this on Kleenex and dry your tears with it:
Huskies are 7-3-2 (3-1 Pac-12):
Recap: @UW_WSoccer bounces back after first conference loss, holds on to beat Arizona State, 1-0 | via @JoshTreEddy https://t.co/K2l9Ze7mrO— The Daily Sports (@UWDailySports) October 11, 2019
Sunday, 2pm Alaska Airlines Arena:
— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) October 11, 2019
Come cheer on No. 11 @UWVolleyball as they host Oregon.#GoHuskies x #PointHuskies