If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and — although he’s no longer with the DawgPound staff — Ryan Priest still has the best damn lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, and Washington coaches, To the Dots!
- For those that missed it, here’s a replay of Coach Petersen’s press conference from yesterday
Back on the road.— Washington Football (@UW_Football) September 30, 2019
Watch @CoachPeteUW’s weekly press conference ahead of Saturday’s game at Stanford.#PurpleReign https://t.co/5Ye61wEBdP
- Here’s a full transcript of the presser if you don’t want to take the time to watch it.
- The Athletic had a Pac-12 roundtable now that there are no more undefeated teams left in the conference.
WASHINGTON 28, USC 14— Bill Connelly (@ESPN_BillC) September 30, 2019
* UW's now 10th in offensive success rate. That snuck up on me!
* Still have questions about UW's run front, but the secondary's VERY MUCH rounding into form
* Neither team went ANYWHERE on passing downs. I guess Slovis gets his job back when healthy? pic.twitter.com/XpOWDH7RL8
- The Washington defense: still pretty good
Consecutive games allowing 30 points or less:— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) September 30, 2019
Notre Dame 18
Boise State, Kentucky 9
Clemson, Florida, Iowa, Penn State 8
Ohio State, Oregon, UAB 7
Auburn, Iowa State, Texas A&M, USC 6
Air Force, Georgia, San Diego State, Utah, Wisconsin 5
- It was announced yesterday that the road game at Arizona will be played at 8pm PT on FS1 in order to beat the heat. If you, like our own Andrew, rely on both Sling and have small children then you’re welcome to think the team did this specifically to punish you for past transgressions.
- Washington gets back on the road on Saturday but since BYU insisted on wearing whites at home, this will be the first time we see the Adidas road white uniforms in action.
- 4 Huskies made the Pro Football Focus Pac-12 Offensive Team of the Week
- And 2 Huskies made the Pro Football Focus Pac-12 Defensive Team of the Week
Washington Official Visit ☔️#purple rain pic.twitter.com/4PNyJs4hGM— GB1 (@Gary_Bryant01) September 30, 2019
- UW commit Myles Murao beat the doctors’ expectations in returning from a broken fibula and is back to his usual excellent self in his senior season at Mater Dei.
- 247’s Blair Angulo caught up with elite 2021 TE target Maliki Matavao about his visit to Washington this weekend.
- He also spoke with 2022 WR Germie Bernard who also visited Seattle on Saturday and earned an offer in the process.
- The state of California signed into law a bill that makes it legal to have college athletes get paid for use of their name and likeness in a challenge to the NCAA model. Our own Chris Landon posted his thoughts.
- The Pac-12 is understandably unhappy at the possibility that the NCAA will bar 1⁄3 of its membership from postseason competition.
The Pac-12 is not happy that California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a bill into law allowing California-based college athletes to earn money. pic.twitter.com/hk1aLEWfN8— Matt Norlander (@MattNorlander) September 30, 2019
Washington Athletics Dots
- The season schedule has been released for the 2020 season for the UW women’s softball team.
@UW_WSoccer @UW_Football @UWVolleyball @UW_MSoccer #GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/cRAOuOpsIO— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) October 1, 2019
Kara, Kara, Kara!— Washington Volleyball (@UWVolleyball) September 30, 2019
Bajema Gets Third-Straight Pac-12 Player Of The Week
Release: https://t.co/5Tloxv1NNB#PointHuskies pic.twitter.com/9ydi8IaynQ