No time to waste. Enjoy some Dots!
- The Huskies tightened their grip over the Pac-12 with a nice win over USC last night. Noah Dickerson finally had his break out game against a conference team.
- Dickerson showing off some nifty footwork. Matisse Thybulle keeps dominating on defense:
- Re-live the call from Tony Castricone. It’s radio fire for your basketball ears, apparently:
- The News Tribune calls the Dawgs “resilient” in their win over USC.
- Draft talk is going to really heat up soon, especially after the Super Bowl. Dawgman has you covered with all the mock draft projections in one place.
- Good perspective on just how rare and elite a player with any star ranking is:
Counted up all the two-, three-, four, and five-stars in 2019. Lesson’s always the same: respect two-stars. Even being that good is a huge achievement https://t.co/Y9VPlwjZJH pic.twitter.com/7rTNEOz5lY— Alex Kirshner (@alex_kirshner) January 30, 2019
- The 2020 and 2021 classes in the state of Washington will be jam packed with talent at a level not seen before. Massive opportunity for the program to take another step:
The class @uw_football has pulled together is incredible even with few local options.— Data Dawg (@UW_Data_Dawg) January 30, 2019
The next 2 years in Washington are unprecedented.
Next year will be the best class in 15 years. The class after that? Best class of ALL TIME.
Stay home, win a natty, & be a legend! pic.twitter.com/lWHvQYvImk
- Is college football all worth it? There’s always tons of stories about how schools improve their academic standing and national reputations through college football programs. Miami did it in the 80s and 90s. Boise State notably improved their perception as an academic institution when they started winning all the time. So we see the trend continue - small schools want to move up in the world, and do it by investing in a football infrastructure at great financial cost. Sometimes it works out. A lot of times it doesn’t and it probably wasn’t worth it from the start. After all that editorializing, here’s the actual article from Matt Brown at SB Nation - should some schools consider dropping to FCS?