If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Pacific Takes ranks the Pac-12’s top NFL prospects for the 2019 draft. The top two are former members of the UW secondary, and a couple more Huskies round out the top 12.
Announced as the top linemen in the Pac-12 in December, the official banquet honoring Gaines & McGary was held Thursday:
Congrats to Morris Trophy winners Greg Gaines and Kaleb McGary. Truly a special occasion to have two Washington guys win this award. #PurpleReign pic.twitter.com/L3IwVqkAV2— Coach Petersen (@CoachPeteUW) January 18, 2019
Vote at GoHuskies.com
These plays still have us like— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) January 18, 2019
Vote for your @UW_Football Top Plays of 2018 ⬇️
Defensive Plays: https://t.co/nm31kMUp5V
Catches: https://t.co/UmMpAIIDqq #PurpleReign // #GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/L4Mj6pt8We
Coach Pete on his newest staffer:
We have a new Dawg in the house ☔️— Washington Football (@UW_Football) January 17, 2019
What @CoachPeteUW has to say about @junioradams13 ⬇️#PurpleReign pic.twitter.com/JbXP9sltda
- Christopher Angkico from The Daily says the Husky offense was sharp in an 80-64 win over the Stanford Cardinal.
- Here’s the game story from The Daily.
- Mike Hopkins loved the first half, but was unhappy that Stanford shot over 65% in the second half.
- Here’s Hopkins’ post game press conference.
- Luke Mounger from Dawgman says the difference was the Husky defense forcing 18 turnovers.
- The News Tribune has a great photo gallery from last night’s win over Stanford.
David Crisp with an off night shooting, but 35 minutes of turnover-free play:
FINAL STATS: Jaylen Nowell leads four UW scorers in double-digits with 22 as the Huskies beat Stanford 80-64 to remain unbeaten (4-0) in Pac-12 play. #Dawgman pic.twitter.com/OwjOrFQjXP— Chris Fetters (@Chris_Fetters) January 18, 2019
WHAT a time to be a Husky. What a month for the Dawgs. Football opened the year with its first Rose Bowl in 18 years, and men’s hoops hasn’t lost since.— Tony Castricone (@Castricone) January 18, 2019
Let’s keep it up this weekend vs Cal! #GBED pic.twitter.com/pOGuCac3R4
ICYMI: Jaylen Nowell scores 2⃣2⃣ to help lift @UW_MBB over Stanford!— Tony Castricone (@Castricone) January 18, 2019
Listen to @IMGAudio's "Best of the Best" calls from last night's win!https://t.co/hYmPKvPfUv
When you are 4-0 in Pac-12 play:
Hype level #TougherTogether pic.twitter.com/rdg5qcdMlI— Washington Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) January 18, 2019
What a team Romar had 10 years ago: