If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- KJR’s Dave “Softy” Mahler talked to Chris Petersen following his Thursday press conference.
- Lauren Kirschman of The News Tribume writes that the Huskies are mad, and Petersen likes the chip on their shoulder.
- Go Huskies has a feature on Benning Potoa’e, who learned a team-first mentality from a man he sees as a selfless hero.
- Dawgman has their game info for North Dakota:
More Dawgman Saturday morning:
For @UW_Football planning their gameday schedule, the guys from Dawgman will be on @SportsRadioKJR Saturday morning from 9 to 11 am and then will hand off to the Husky Honks...tune in if you can!!! pic.twitter.com/rmrOiDKYnB— Scott Eklund (@ScottEklund) September 6, 2018
- The Athletic ($) has a preview of North Dakota, who apparently utilizes something called a “Fullback.”
- Josh Kirshenbaum from The Daily says the Dawgs are excited to show their stuff to the home crowd this weekend.
- Adam Jude says Bush Hamdan is looking for more ways to get Salvon Ahmed the football, besides just sharing carries with Myles Gaskin.
Lots of eyes on the Dawgs & Cats:
Top Week One Pac-12 Football TV Games (with Viewers, Network, and ET)— SportsPac12 (@SportsPac12) September 6, 2018
5.25M Wash-Auburn—ABC, 3:30p
3.48M OSU-Ohio St—ABC, Noon
1.28M Arizona-BYU—ESPN, 10:45p
1.00M UCLA-Cin—ESPN, 7:00p
930K Cal-UNC—FOX, 5:00p
234K ASU-UTSA—FS1, 10:30p
- Some of the top high school players in the northwest will be in action this weekend at the Seattle Memorial Classic. The #2 overall player for 2020, and 247’s top 2021 prospect will be playing at Memorial Stadium Friday and Saturday.
We’ve seen this before:
Sidney Jones all over that WR screen pic.twitter.com/u3IefpxSaJ— The Bitter Birds (@AdrianFedkiw) September 7, 2018
Pro Dawgs all over the map this weekend:
Proud of our guys! Have a blast this season! pic.twitter.com/QxhDs0xZfP— Coach Petersen (@CoachPeteUW) September 6, 2018
Former UW receiver Damore’ea Stringfellow was a late cut by the Seahawks, and has decided to retire:
I want to thank everyone for supporting me up to this point in my football career. I have prayed long and hard about this decision for my life and I’ve decided to Retire from Football. It has nothing to do with performance, I know I can play. God has another calling for my life.— HeyOttoSplit (@Filo_wiz9) September 7, 2018
Bring your ticket from the North Dakota game, get $1.00 off the $10.00 ($5.00 for seniors and youths) admission :
#12 Husky Volleyball heads to Pittsburgh for games against Dayton, #13 Pitt & Kennesaw St:
Rise and shine, @UWVolleyball fans! The Huskies are set for their first road action of the season, beginning the first of three games at the Panther Invitational in just two hours.— The Daily Sports (@UWDailySports) September 7, 2018
Year two of Hop:
Long way to go, short time to get there: