If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- The Huskies fall to #9 in the AP Poll after their loss to Auburn
- They fell even further to #11 in the Coaches’
- Adam Jude goes more in-depth on the three key defensive plays where the Huskies weren’t able to get a stop in the Auburn game.
- A great feature on Ben Burr-Kirven who was asked to walk-on at nearby Stanford coming out of high school but decided to come to Seattle instead and has made the most of his opportunities.
- The Dawgman guys have non-subscriber interviews with several defensive coaches including: Bob Gregory, Will Harris, and Ikaika Malloe.
- They also include player interviews with Greg Freakin’ Gaines, Austin Joyner, and Tevis Bartlett.
- It’s not specifically Husky-related per se but the Tacoma News Tribune looks at the increasing influence of the Southeast penetrating the state of Washington in high school football recruiting. It’s probably not a coincidence that this topic comes up on the verge of one of the biggest football talent spikes in the state’s history.
- Dawgman continues their coaching staff interviews with a Q&A with Jimmy Lake
- The Athletic looks at the history of teams that start in the top 10 of the AP poll and then lose their season opener. It’s not great for Washington but it looks a lot worse for Miami.
Nine @UW_Football players are playing this fall having already earned their degrees. Congratulations to them! #OKG #BuiltForLife— Chris Fetters (@Chris_Fetters) September 5, 2018