No time for superfluous prose or pedantic musings. Let’s get some dots going.
- UW senior linebacker had himself a whale of a game against ASU and their run-heavy attack on Saturday night. The senior finished with 20 tackles, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. Interestingly, the last Husky to go over 20 in a game was John Fiala in 1996. That was also against ASU. Look for BBK to earn his second straight PAC 12 Player of the Week honor when announced later today.
- Speaking of personal marks, Jake Browning’s game on Saturday set a few. Jake became just the 21st player in PAC 12 history to pass the 10k yard mark in total offense and pass Cody Pickett to become UW’s leader in that category. In addition, Jake also became just the 17th QB in conference history to pass the 10k yard mark, also passing Pickett to lead UW in that category.
- If you are wondering where in the world Cody Pickett is now, here is an update from Adam Jude from last January.
- One interesting tidbit passed along from the UW’s assistant SID: UW has yet to allow a TD in either the second or third quarter of any of their four games this season. Feel free to amaze your friends and family with that one.
- For those of you looking for the full game film from Saturday, here you go:
- The Honks hit the air after the ASU win to break down the game. It was interesting to me to hear them rip, for the second straight week, the “quality” of the opposing QB. At some point, and eventually the three of them got to it, you have to acknowledge that those QBs might actually have a problem dealing with UW’s pass defense.
- SB Nation did a little mini film study showing two different methods for killing the clock as demonstrated on one hand by your UW Huskies and on the other by those dastardly Ducks of Oregon. It’s worth a chuckle.
- The Huskies actually dropped one slot in the AP poll after the ASU win. I’m guessing this was mostly due to trying to keep the integrity of the Auburn win over UW in place. The good news is that the polls are pretty much irrelevant to UW. Win the PAC and they go to the Rose Bowl. Win out and they (almost certainly) go to the Playoff. Mid season polls truly don’t matter at all for this team.
- The PAC 12 Networks broadcasted their Saturday preview show from Montlake last Saturday. Former UW TE Will Dissly was a guest on their program talking about the whole “Built for Life” mantra behind Chris Petersen’s program.
"Built for life."@Seahawks tight end @Will_Diss talks about how going to @UW shaped him and set him up for the real world.— Pac-12 Network (@Pac12Network) September 22, 2018
Watch the Football Post Game Report live: https://t.co/ZhZuI5ezsa pic.twitter.com/TqRe3HBTqu
- Oregon fans had a bad night on Saturday
Oregon fans berating Stanford players and throwing bottles as they enter the tunnel pic.twitter.com/QFrkR2Azn9— RedditCFB (@RedditCFB) September 23, 2018
- Whoops, John Ross
- Washington has opened as a 17 point favorite over BYU this weekend.
- Speaking of BYU, the locals are thrilled with the 3-1 start but are having angst about the state of the offense. Sounds familiar ....
- The Huskies Men’s Basketball team received a very special visitor last weekend. And a certain high level UW administrator seemed to have gotten in on the action.
@Dreamville_33 we are so proud and happy you enjoyed your first official visit to @UW_MBB. Continue to make Rochester proud. @TrabsMatt @_ClutchCarter @TobyMotyka @MikeCatalana pic.twitter.com/NLKZ1s3QLK— Primetime Ballers (@PrimetimeBall_) September 23, 2018
- Bad news for former UW MBB star CJ Wilcox. A torn achilles will keep him out of this season and, most likely, end his career. I know we all are CJ fans and want him to know we wish him well.
- This made me laugh. Touché Percy