If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- The Huskies were leapfrogged in the AP Poll by division rival Stanford who had a more impressive win by beating USC. The Dawgs are now #10.
- UW also fell one spot in the coaches poll but in that case drop to #12 since they were lower to begin with.
- Adam Jude has his game recap for Saturday noting that the Huskies have plenty to work on despite the 42 point victory.
- Here are the details from yesterday’s Chris Petersen press conference following the North Dakota game.
- Jon Wilner shows that ESPN emailed Jen Cohen to apologize for Mark Jones’ “childish behavior” after the Auburn game.
Huskies opened as a 6.5-point favorite going to Utah.— Adam Jude (@A_Jude) September 10, 2018
- Finally from the Times, Adam Jude has his initial preview of UW-Utah featuring a pair of teams that have somewhat disappointed so far.
- Lauren Kirschman at the Tacoma News Tribune writes that the Huskies have to get their running game on track at Utah.
- 5-star receiver Kyle Ford took an official visit to UW this past weekend and recaps his experience to Greg Biggins.
- For those of you who like your Husky content in audio form there are a number of segments from Softy. Here’s the North Dakota post-game coverage from the Husky Honks. He also covered the Huskies and the Pac-12 with Joel Klatt of Fox Sports.
Subscriber-Only Dots ($)
- Scott Eklund has his weekly recruiting blog update although it’s a little light on news this week.
- Christian Caple at The Athletic has his game recap from North Dakota.
- Caple also gives his final thoughts from the day after.
- Jayson Jenks has a profile piece on Jack Lindsay who was one of the first football stars for the University of Washington in the late 1800’s before tragically passing away when the boat he was on sunk shortly after college.
- Jeff Goodman debuts the Huskies at #22 in his preseason power rankings.
- Ex-Husky Robert Upshaw who dominated the Crawsover this summer is trying to get his life back together playing in Europe
Let me tell y’all, I’m playing in Europe!!!!! I been through so much I ain’t think I’d be alive!!!! God has stuck with me through the ups and downs and I have prospered. I’m gonna capitalize this time. So get out my wayyy!!!!!— Rob Upshaw III (@UPSHAW50) September 10, 2018
- Top Husky target and Ex-Garfield/ex-Nathan Hale guard P.J Fuller committed to TCU over the weekend. The Huskies will likely focus on Noah Williams and/or Marcus Tsohonis at the PG position in the 2019 class.