If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- This is a few months old, but here’s a great NFL scouting report for Myles Gaskin, which claims he’s the best draft eligible RB in the Pac-12.
- This probably isn’t news to anyone at this point, but Ale Kaho is heading to Alabama.
- Our friends over at Pacific Takes conclude their top-50 players countdown, with the final 5, which includes 3 Huskies.
- Also from Pacific Takes is their pre-season all conference team.
- Salvon Ahmed gets a lot of press for his speed, and Myles Gaskin has something to say about that.
- Looking ahead to Auburn, which true freshmen might play for the Tigers?
- AL.com has their day 5 observations of Auburn practice.
- Dante Pettis has been making waves in 49ers camp, and you can watch him tonight play in his first pre-season game. Here’s what Forbes has to say about him and other rookies to watch for. The game is on NFL Network at 7pm PT.
- Budda Baker is ready for his increased role with the Cardinals this year and excited for the challenge.
- Sidney Jones could the Eagle’s starting nickel back/slot corner this season.
- More Auburn, this time from The Athletic ($). Auburn beat writer Justin Ferguson opens the mail bag and answers, among other things, what Auburn’s biggest weaknesses will be heading into the Washington game.
- Washington again leading the PAC in defensive statistics:
2017 Pac-12 Football - % of Opponent’s Drives that Resulted in a Touchdown— SportsPac12 (@SportsPac12) August 9, 2018
1. Washington, 15%
2. Utah, 20%
3. WSU, 22%
4. USC, 25%
5. Stanford, 26%
6. Oregon, 27%
7. Cal, 29%
9. ASU, 30%
10. UCLA, 34%
11. Arizona, 37%
12. OSU, 48%
2017 Pac-12 Football - National Rank in Explosion Plays Allowed of 40+ Yards— SportsPac12 (@SportsPac12) August 8, 2018
1. Washington, 3
15. Utah, 8
70. Cal, 15
79. Stanford, 16
82. Colorado, 17
90. USC, 18
103. Arizona, 20
112. UCLA, 21
- Byron Murphy can get UP!
Touchdown city or dunk city? #PurpleReign pic.twitter.com/YZcwu7k9Sx— Washington Football (@UW_Football) August 8, 2018
- Colin Cowherd, Husky fan:
Clemson, Alabama, Penn State, Washington.@ColinCowherd predicts this year's College Football Playoff teams pic.twitter.com/pgC8Ezq5zt— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) August 8, 2018
All for today. Go Dawgs! BEAT AUBURN.