If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- The Brandon Kaho saga is unfortunately over on UW’s end as he was granted his full release last night. Here’s Adam Jude’s story.
- Here’s the video of Pete breaking the news to the media.
- Jude also put out his practice notes from Day 4 which was dominated again by the defense.
- And finally, Jude’s daily feature is on Tevis Bartlett who is switching roles going into his senior season, at least for now.
- Christian Caple at The Athletic ($) also has his Day 4 practice observations as well as his thoughts on the Kaho situation.
- The Dawgman guys put out a podcast discussing their opinions after the first few days of practice as well as once again the Kaho news.
- Scott Eklund for Dawgman ($) also includes his practice notes.
- Bovada put out their player props for some of the major figures in college football. What do you think of their take on Myles Gaskin?
- Ex-Husky TE Will Dissly has turned some heads so far in early Seahawks practices.
“Dissly’s been really impressive. In my opinion he’s been one of the stars of camp.” - @DangeRussWilson— Washington Football (@UW_Football) August 6, 2018
High praise from Russell Wilson on Will Dissly, UW and Coach Petersen. #PurpleReign // #ProDawgs pic.twitter.com/yJiwC1dqf3
- Athlon has the Huskies at #8 in their ranking of the best running back units in all of college football.
- ESPN ranks the top-50 players in college football and both Jake Browning and Myles Gaskin make the list. Unsurprisingly, the list is basically all skill position players plus defensive linemen.
- Washington is right up there in SI’s preseason Top 25.
SI’s preseason College Football Playoff:— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) August 7, 2018
4. Washington https://t.co/ftDgl038bU
- Ex-Rainier Beach star Sam Cunliffe had hoped to return home to play for the Huskies but it looks like that isn’t going to happen.
- Wish a belated happy birthday to Coach Hop. Not sure how old he actually is but his enthusiasm is still as bountiful as ever.