If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Dawgman lists the updated weights for every Husky football player and kindly does the math for you. Jesse Sosebee and Henry Bainivalu each added 21 pounds, while Hunter Bryant is down 21 pounds.
- Adam Jude has the full transcript and video of Chris Petersen’s press conference yesterday. Wearing what appears to be some sort of Hawaiian Husky shirt, the coach touched on Salvon Ahmed, Joe Tryon, the new redshirt rule, and the kicking game.
- Chris Fetters focuses on part of the press conference where Petersen is asked a few questions about the “win at all costs” philosophy in college football. Unsurprisingly, that’s not what he teaches.
- Jude breaks down the tight end position for the Dawgs, who will be led by senior Drew Sample. Hunter Bryant will miss most if not all of the 2018 season, but there is a lot of talent at this position.
- Jude also counts down 10 reasons why the Huskies will have the season optimists are predicting.
- ICYMI, the Huskies are ranked #6 in the coaches poll. USA today has a blurb on each team in the Top 25, and says the Dawgs are a playoff contender while throwing a little shade on the Pac-12.
- John Ross didn’t have the rookie season he was hoping for, and it wasn’t just on the football field.
Gotta love arbitrary rankings of things that are impossible to measure:
Best 1-2 running back punch in college football?— SportsPac12 (@SportsPac12) August 2, 2018
Everyone knows about Washington's Myles Gaskin, but defenses won't find much rest against Salvon Ahmed, an exciting sophomore poised for a breakout season. https://t.co/EENdyc6Qld
OK that settles it, first 22 plays are direct snap to Gaskin:
Following this up. Washington is 9-0 against P5 opponents when Gaskin gets 22 carries or more. Washington is 13-10 against P5 opponents when Gaskin gets less than 22 carries. https://t.co/k7qA6T3WPF— WestCoastCFB (@WestcoastCfb) August 2, 2018
Longtime Niners’ blogger:
Dante Pettis as a route runner is another level. He's having a real strong rookie camp for the #49ers. It's looking like he's going to be hard to hold back this year.— Dylan DeSimone (@DylanADeSimone) August 1, 2018
This is a LOT of separation:
Pettis the Menace @dmainy_13 is going to be a problem for opposing defenders #49ersCamp pic.twitter.com/ApWt1Q8gAa— San Francisco 49ers (@49ers) August 2, 2018
Day One, 2016: