If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Adam Jude at the Seattle Times has a Q&A with new UW Offensive Coordinator Bush Hamdan.
- Jude also looks at whether the 4 year starting combo of Gaskin, Browning, and Adams can go out on top.
- The Husky Honks return on KJR to go over the Auburn matchup.
- The Podcast of Champions have their week 1 preview with picks for the weekend.
- SI looks at Auburn’s history in Mercedes Benz stadium which is less than favorable for them.
- CBS Sports’s SEC preview gives their picks against the spread and sees Auburn as the only team that will cover.
- Brandon Huffman looks at the 10 highest rated uncommitted prospects from the Northwest and Northern California including a number of Husky targets.
- For those into that kind of thing, Dawgman has a new recruiting podcast that’s available to non-subscribers.
- Chris Fetters at Dawgman looks at all of the records that Myles Gaskin has the opportunity to break this season.
- Ex-Husky Will Dissly has met all of the expectations of the Seahawks who made him a 4th round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.
The @UW_Football Huskies are one of 12 programs in the nation to average 2+ takeaways per game over the last two seasons.— Tony Castricone (@Castricone) August 29, 2018
The Dawgs rank 7th in the NCAA in that category. pic.twitter.com/lXigyHmZDa
It was a close competition but... He did it again! @byronmurpy The winner of “Best Hands In The Room” ... #PurpleReign #UW pic.twitter.com/Kmw1OUbE3m— Jimmy Lake (@CoachLakeUDUB) August 28, 2018
Thought I would put it out there for fun, but I took the average heights and weights of the listed starting offensive and defensive lines for UW and Auburn.— Luke Mounger (@LukeMounger) August 28, 2018
Auburn Avg OL: 6’4.6” 307.6 lbs
Auburn Avg DL: 6’4” 300 lbs
UW Avg OL: 6’5.6 311.2 lbs
UW Avg DL: 6’3 292.5 lbs
- Dawgman continues their opposing view series of every incoming true freshman with local CB stud Kyler Gordon.
- Christian Caple at The Athletic talks about Browning’s opportunity to silence his critics who say he can’t step up in a big game.
- In The Athletic’s college football roundtable, Bruce Feldman and Paul Myerberg give their reasoning for why Auburn/Washington will be the regular season game of the year.
- 2019 UW target and Seattle native P.J Fuller released his top 8 last night which includes the Huskies. (Shameless plug alert) you can check out my analysis here.
Narrowing down your list of schools that you have built relationships with Is one of the toughest decisions. Thank you to every school that believed in me & put in the time to recruit me. I am nothing but thankful, humble, & blessed for the experience. FINAL 8 @TiptonEdits pic.twitter.com/zyQlRYCgAa— PJ Fuller (@PhilipPJFuller) August 29, 2018
Congrats to @joey_parish who was named to the @csoccernews Team of the Week after recording two assists in the Huskies 2-0 victory over Maryland.— Washington Men's Soccer (@UW_MSoccer) August 29, 2018
>> https://t.co/7x28jFHX8S#GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/jdb6mmecwe