If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- The Huskies released their depth chart (or seating chart, if you prefer) in anticipation for their match up with Auburn this weekend. The most notable thing here in my humble opinion is Redshirt Freshman Jaxson Kirkland being listed as the starting right guard. Right guard was the offensive line position that seemed to be up for grabs after the Huskies moved Nick Harris to center, and it looks as though Kirkland has won that battle. Also, as Jude notes, it’s great to see Trey Adams listed as the number one left tackle heading into Saturday. You can also find Auburn’s depth chart in Jude’s article.
- The Athletic’s Christian Caple put together a nice profile on the Huskies junior defensive back Myles Bryant.
- Are you in need of an awesome Huskies hype video? Of course you are. And man, did the Huskies video team deliver. This is a much watch for Huskies fans.
- ESPN’s Phil Steele, Will Harris, and Seth Walder put together their 2018 betting guide for this season. This article requires an ESPN+/Insider account to read, but there is an interesting tidbit for Huskies fan. Steele says that this is Chris Petersen’s best team yet and says the Huskies are one of the best title bets heading into the season.
- The Seattle Time’s Adam Jude put together a list of his ten bold predictions for this upcoming season.
- Auburn received some disappointing news this morning when it was announced that Redshirt Junior Linebacker Richard McBride will miss the season after suffering a neck injury in practice last week, according to AL.com’s James Crepea. All injuries are terrible, but head and neck injuries are particularly troubling, hopefully McBride is able to make a full and complete recovery.
- Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports put together his list of ten teams that can win the national title this year and the Huskies made the cut.
- However, Dodd didn’t actually pick the Huskies to make the playoff this year in CBS’s College football predictions article penned by their college football staff. Tom Fornelli and Barrett Sallee did pick the Huskies to make their second college football playoff appearance.
- Both Bruce Feldman and Stewart Mandel picked the Huskies to come out on top against Auburn Saturday in the most recent episode of the Audible.
Huskies Men’s soccer have rocketed up to #3 in the Coaches poll after defeating Maryland and New Mexico to start the season.
That’s all from me today. Go Dawgs!!