If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Today is media day and unfortunately the only major piece of news to come out for the Huskies was negative.
Chris Petersen just told us Hunter Bryant will not play vs Auburn. Likely will not play until late October or early November. Could play in up to 4 games and preserve redshirt year. Huge blow for UW.— Dave Softy Mahler (@Softykjr) July 25, 2018
However, hopefully that’s the only bad injury news.
Petersen said all other players with long-term injuries (Trey Adams, Chico McClatcher, Jordan Miller, etc.) are progressing the way trainers/doctors expected. Said they will have a specific plan for how each player will participate in fall camp.— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) July 25, 2018
- The good news for those who care about what the media thinks is that the Huskies were picked first in the Pac-12 media poll, receiving 40/42 first place votes to win the North and 37/42 to win the conference.
This is the first time since 2000 that media voted UW as league title favorite. Huskies were picked to win North last year, but not the Pac-12 title game.— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) July 25, 2018
- He wasn’t at media day but LB Ben-Burr Kirven appeared on KJR yesterday to talk about the upcoming season.
- For those of you who criticized the Huskies for never going over the middle last season, here’s some validation for you from the mothership.
- Chris Petersen was one of two Pac-12 coaches to make Rivals’ list of top-10 coaches in the country and the other may surprise you.
- 5 star 2020 QB Bryce Young will be making his commitment today at 5p Pacific and the Huskies are in his top-6. However, he is expected to choose between USC and Oklahoma.
- However, the Huskies look to be on #WoofWatch with S Cameron Williams who will be livestreaming his commitment at 7:30p tonight. Williams decommitted from Oregon last month and it now appears to be between Washington and USC.
- Here is a complete transcript of Chris Petersen’s interview. You’ll notice that he is apparently from the Washington Cougars. Get your s*** together Pac-12.
- Coach Hopkins has been busy on a media tour of his own. He sat down with Percy Allen of the Seattle Times recently for a very in-depth interview. I’ll post some thoughts about it in the comments below.
- He also met with Andy Katz to talk about the upcoming season. The podcast of the interview was in yesterday’s dots but Katz’s article with some of his own thoughts is right here.
- For those interested in recruiting, a boatload of Husky targets will be playing each other tonight when Seattle Rotary takes on the Las Vegas Prospects at 8p. That includes UW commit RaeQuan Battle plus UW targets: Jaden McDaniels, Noah Williams, Paolo Banchero, and Julian Strawther.