Oh hey there and happy Tuesday. Is there anything cool happening with the Dawgs today? I mean, probably not, cuz it’s early-July, but here’s the few dots we could scrounge up anyway:
- For those of you who subscribe to Dawgman, they’ve got their recruiting blog up. (I don’t, alas, so could not tell you what’s in there.)
- They’ve also got a free slideshow and evaluation of the current commits, in case you... forgot, or something?
- Lastly, and again only for subscribers, Sav’ell Smalls, the highly-coveted OLB from Garfield, gave updates on his recruitment.
- Football Scoop is discussing the most important assistant coach hires, and number 15 is a Dawg.
2018 Pac-12 Football - The Conference’s Five Returning 1,000-Yard Rushers— SportsPac12 (@SportsPac12) July 10, 2018
1. Bryce Love, Stanford, 2,118
2. Khalil Tate, Arizona, 1,411*
3. Myles Gaskin, Washington, 1,380
4. Zack Moss, Utah, 1,173
5. Patrick Laird, Cal, 1,127
*Pac-12 record for QB
Bwahaha I love Kelsey Plum:
We are playing Chicago tomorrow, staying in the same area as Nike nationals, just got asked what AAU team I’m playing for..... #lifeishumbling— Kelsey Plum (@Kelseyplum10) July 10, 2018
Official Count of Returning Starters from @pac12— WestCoastCFB (@WestcoastCfb) July 10, 2018
1. Washington 18
1. Arizona 18
1. California 18
4. Oregon St 16
5. Oregon 15
5. Stanford 15
5. USC 15
8. Arizona State 14
8. UCLA 14
8. Utah 14
11. Colorado 12
12. Washington St 10 pic.twitter.com/LbFNmDTOmG
Petersen on the Hunter Bryant injury: "We feel good about the plan. We feel good about where he is. We're trending up." Says he will address it more in a few weeks— Dave Softy Mahler (@Softykjr) July 10, 2018
And now, in true offseason form, let the shitposting begin:
Belgium: Washington.— Peter Burns (@PeterBurnsESPN) July 9, 2018
Hard to hate, both make good craft beer
England = Notre Dame.
Both won title in ‘66 & both on TV more than they deserve
Both only have one title, wear blue and fans are apathetic about their games
Croatia: Texas Tech
Weird but beautiful fans https://t.co/FmDZIdqQ26
Lastly in the “offseason shitposting” category, you’ll recall perhaps that last year around this time, I penned this
best thing ever written in the history of language hot piece of garbage.
I contemplated doing another of those this year but then just threw it up on Twitter. Since posting everything in this glorious thread would double the size of an otherwise uneventful dots day, I’ll refrain, but if you’d like to see what becomes of WSU, Utah, Dubs, and the like, click on. (I think you’ll particularly enjoy UCLA.)
Since @tophermejia & I can only talk G5 giant-killers for so long, currently distracting myself from the CFB offseason by presenting to you Pac-12 football as Chelsea Peretti (a thread)— Gabey Lucas (@Gabeynotgabby) July 9, 2018
As always, do good things, don’t do bad things, and bow down to Washington.