- If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- What’s that? The NCAA made a decision that actually benefits both players and coaches, while also being universally lauded by fans? The rumors are indeed true. Football players can play in up to 4 games in a season without burning a redshirt. Rejoice!
- Ten wins seems right for the over/under for Washington this year. Otis Kirk at 247 makes the case for both scenarios.
- More good stuff from Wilner on the Pac-12 network, Heisman race, and more.
- Do you like pain? 247 ranked the toughest losses in Washington football history.
- Joseph Ngata, one of the top receivers in the country and younger brother to current Husky Ariel Ngata, spoke to 247 about where his recruitment stands.
- Gaskin ready for a huge senior year:
College Football's Top Running Backs per @SportsChatPlace— SportsPac12 (@SportsPac12) June 13, 2018
1. Bryce Love, Stanford
2. Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin
3. Myles Gaskin, Washington
4. Devin Singletary, FAU
5. J.K. Dobbins, Ohio State
15. Zack Moss, Utah
23. Patrick Laird, California pic.twitter.com/O4avqjCMpb
- The Huskies don’t appear elite at every position, however:
Pac-12 in Phil Steele’s Special Teams Rankings— SportsPac12 (@SportsPac12) June 13, 2018
20. ASU pic.twitter.com/rIWV9k94Ap
Pac-12 Phil Steele’s Receivers Rankings— SportsPac12 (@SportsPac12) June 13, 2018
- The real reason Petersen does it:
- Inching closer...
The @UW_Football Huskies have finished their regular season schedule by playing Apple Cup rival WSU 7️⃣9️⃣ times.— Tony Castricone (@Castricone) June 14, 2018
Any guess who the next most frequent season-ender is?
I'll answer later today. 7️⃣9️⃣ days til kickoff against Auburn on the Washington IMG Sports Network!
- Not football related, but the Huskies begin their College World Series quest this weekend: