The offseason is upon us. The sun is out. Spring games are in the books. If you are reading this right now, odds are pretty good that you:
a) have no life
b) hate your wife/kids/roommates
c) can’t stomach any more political news on your fake news distributor of choice (whether that be FOX news, CNN, Facebook or church)
Lucky for you, we’ve got dots. Let’s do it.
- Washington is quickly becoming a darling of the media as the pre, pre-season polls start to take form. ESPN ranks UW #6. Bill Bender of the Sporting News puts the Huskies in at #7. USA Today has the UW all the way up at #4. Known UW skeptic Dennis Dodd of CBS has UW 12th (and Auburn 10th).
- Paul Myerberg also picked his favorites and dark horses for every conference. 20 guesses who he picked to win the PAC
- Is the grandaddy in UW’s future? Pacific Takes thinks so.
- There are only 82 days until football. And Washington made yet another preseason list.
- Tampa Bay fans are just starting to realize what a superhuman marvel first round draft pick Vita Vea really is.
- So weird to see Dante in Stanford colors
- If you are fan of streaming podcasts while struggling with you work commutes, check out Bruce Feldman’s appearance on the Ralph Russo Podcast.
- So, Gabey, tell us how you really feel about the NCAA changes in uniform rules.
Everything Else Dots
- The PAC 12 conference meetings are making some news. As has been noted previously, the conference announced record revenues of $509 million for the year. When you add it all up and net out expenses, that averages about $31 million per school of a payout. Jon Wilner details all of it and compares those payouts to other conferences in his update. The bottom line here is that this is definitely improvement but still not in line with other Power 5 conferences.
- Mike Hopkins commented on a proposal to move from an 18 to “hybrid 20” conference game schedule. While the devil is in the details, Hopkins remains open to the idea as a way to improve the stock of conference contenders in contention for spots in the NCAA tournament.
- Former UW offensive coordinator made a rookie mistake ... and he might end up having to pay a price for it.
My apologies for our players not being able to attend your Spring game. Ours was the same day, bad timing. Quick question, in the 203 years of coaching, none of you realized you couldn’t actively recruit another school’s players? Sent to campus? #leakydam #sloppybeavers pic.twitter.com/2djcmgFbLH— Nick Rolovich (@NickRolovich) May 4, 2018