If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- TODAY at 11:30am on ESPN the Husky Softball team take on Oklahoma to open the College World Series. Here’s a preview from OU Insider.
- News broke yesterday about Noah Dickerson deciding to return to school for his senior year. Here’s the Seattle Times story and a full Pac-12 basketball roundup from AZ Desert Swarm.
To the football!
- For those subscribers to The All-American, new member of the writer’s room Bruce Feldman posted an in depth Q&A with Husky headman, Chris Petersen. ($)
- Not Washington related, but SB Nation’s Steven Godfrey (co-host of Podcast Ain’t Played Nobody) published his detailed look into the NCAA’s investigation into Ole Miss. If you want to feel good about the NCAA, look elsewhere. But it’s a great read. Crooked Letters: Inside the NCAA’s year long, twisting investigation into Mississippi football.
- Athlon posted their top 50 running backs in college football. Happy to see Myles Gaskin #6. Not happy to see that he’s out of the top 5 because of a running back from FIU.
- Jon Wilner assesses Pac-12 North skill positions. Washington comes in #2.
- More from Wilner on the future of Pac-12 football. In short, I hope you like Las Vegas.
- Nick Harris made a pre-season watch list...along with a whopping 57 other players. The junior center is now on the 2018 Rimington Trophy watch list.
- All-Pro Special Teamer Budda Baker could benefit from the NFL’s changes to the kick off rules.
- Kevin King is feeling good after shoulder surgery and OTAs.
- Sidney Jones, fully recovered from his achilles tear, is turning heads at OTAs.
- Evidently Buccaneers fans really wanted a DB selected in the first round. So much so that Dirk Koetter has had to defend his selection of Vita Vea.
- Haven’t heard Cory Littleton’s name in a while - congrats on the opportunity!
- Future Husky:
- Potential future Husky (here’s his junior year film):
Top5️⃣! Thank you to all of the coaches that gave me the opportunity to further my academic and football career, I will be closing my recruiting to these 5 schools, Thank you again! (No Specific Order)— Bralen Trice (@braytrice11) May 31, 2018
Shoutout @Recruit_Edits pic.twitter.com/0bprC29v2Q
All for today. Don’t forget to watch the Husky Softball team on their quest for a College World Series Championship!