If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- The UW/Auburn matchup gets the billing of “Most Important Game for the College Football Playoff” in ESPN’s early FPI preview of the biggest Week 1 games.
- Stewart Mandel at the Athletic ($) ranks his top-25 coaches in college football and a certain local coach can be found in the top-5.
- Athlon Sports put out their preseason Pac-12 all-conference teams and went 4 deep. The Huskies had 15 players on the lists including 7 on the 1st team (Gaskin, Adams, McGary, Gaines, BBK, Murphy, and Rapp).
- High 4-star WR recruit Mycah Pittman is going to be taking his official visit to Washington in a month. He named his top-5 of Alabama, Florida, Nebraska, Ohio State, and Oregon at the beginning of the month but Washington offered after that and they’ve clearly vaulted at least one team. None of his other officials are set until September so the Huskies could have a shot if they can sell him on committing and cancelling the others.
Official visit set with Washington on june 21st #Gohuskies— mycah pittman '19 (@MycahPittman) May 22, 2018
- Upland, California 3-star WR prospect Taj Davis will be announcing his college decision tonight at 7p. He spoke with our own Aaron Sieverkopp this weekend and also spoke with 247’s Brandon Huffman yesterday where he called Washington his favorite visit ($). He is 100% to Washington on 247’s Crystal Ball feature.
I will be announcing my commitment tomorrow @ 7:00 pm, stay tuned— TD3 (@TajDavis_3) May 22, 2018
- 5-star mega DT prospect Fatui Tuitele announced his final 5 on Monday night and that included the Huskies along with the elite of the elite: Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Texas. USC had previously been considered the favorite but didn’t crack the list.
TOP 5 IS HERE.. Please respect my decision. No interviews at this time. To God Be the Glory. pic.twitter.com/ZptMOwnAvH— FAATUI TUITELE (@tuitele87) May 21, 2018
- Ex-Husky RB Deontae Cooper is returning to the Seattle area to be an assistant coach at Bellevue
Bellevue football would like to welcome @DCoop_32 as our new Associate Head Coach, running backs coach and run game coordinator. Coach Coop brings his legendary passion, energy and resiliency that he displayed as a Husky to our players and the Wolverine program. #TheWolverineWay— Bellevue Football (@BellevueFB) May 21, 2018
- Also, Vita Vea is good. Even NFL all pros think so.
Gerald McCoy says rookie DT Vita Vea is “so powerful” and he doesn’t even know yet how good he is and can be.— Scott Smith (@ScottSBucs) May 22, 2018
- We now know 4 of the non-conference games for the 2018/19 schedule as the Huskies will play a neutral site game in Atlantic City against Virginia Tech in a rematch of an embarrassing loss early this year. This joins the scheduled away game at Gonzaga and the two games at the Vancouver (Canada) showcase against Santa Clara and either Minnesota/Texas A&M.
Virginia Tech will play Washington as part of a quadrupleheader in Atlantic City on 12/15, per a source. Other confirmed games are Iona-Princeton and Temple-Davidson.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) May 22, 2018
- 7-foot-4 preferred walk-on Riley Sorn made it offical
Blessed to have the opportunity to continue my basketball career and education at the University of Washington. A huge thanks to my family, coaches, and all of the fans who have supported me through this journey. The best is yet to come #GoDawgs pic.twitter.com/O9C9m7dBOV— Riley Sorn (@RileySorn) May 23, 2018
- Who doesn’t love the combo of dogs and baseball?
- And because I don’t get many opportunities to do this...check out UW’s highlight videos for their men’s and women’s national player of the year (Callahan award) nominees: Steven Benaloh and Nicole Cramer. The UW men are the #5 seed at the national championships this weekend while the women barely missed the cut this year. The Sundodgers’ game versus #4 Brown will be livestreamed for free at Ultiworld.com/live at 2:30p on Friday. If they get that far, the semifinals will be streamed on ESPN3 on Sunday with the championship on Monday.