After the NFL Draft concludes tonight, we enter the long winter, free of football. While it is technically summer, the agonizing wait for fall camp to begin and the season to rev up is almost too much. So keep those eyeballs glued to the TV for the last glimpses of your favorite Huskies. The first round is tonight, and the only Husky expected to be taken is defensive tackle and mountain impersonator, Vita Vea. Other Huskies are expected to be drafted in the mid-late rounds.
The draft is on at 5:00pm PT on ESPN and Fox.
- Before we get to more draft coverage, check out this incredible and thoughtful letter Dante Pettis wrote to Husky fans. How can you not love this man?
- Dante also his chance to share with The Player’s Tribune. Relive all those amazing punt returns:
all of your responses are amazing— dante (@dmainy_13) April 26, 2018
- Dante Pettis’ local paper, the San Clemente Times wrote an article highlighting his accomplishments from Junipero Serra HS, to Washington, to the NFL.
- Adam Jude rounds up all the mock drafts highlighting where Husky players could be selected.
- Our friends at Pacific Takes rank the top 10 Pac-12 players heading into the draft, and offer their mock selections as well.
- Ranking Pac-12 coaches is always fun because Chris Petersen usually finds himself at, or near the top. This analysis from Jon Wilner comparing conference wins to NFL draft picks shows that Washington still has some gaps to bridge, but are doing quite well.
- Also from Wilner is his ranking of Pac-12 draft prospects.
- Moving away from football for the briefest of moments...the college basketball commission, headed by Condollezza Rice, released their recommendations to help rid college basketball of the scandals that have plagued the league. Most of the recommendations mirror what the Pac-12 has been saying.