If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
First up, your Spring Preview schedule (TV coverage on Pac-12 Network is 12pm-1pm):
- Washington Diehards has details and a short preview on tomorrow’s glorified practice.
- It’s back-to-back-to-back-to-back Spring Football on Pac-12 networks tomorrow, beginning at 11 am with UCLA (followed by UW, WSU, and Oregon). Jon Wilner previews all four, and says he will be keeping an eye on the receivers when UW hits the field.
- Wilner joined the Podcast of Champions to talk all things Pac-12. They talk about the UW/Adidas deal at about the 40-minute mark.
- SEC Country previews the Auburn/UW game, with some help from Ryan Clark of The News Tribune.
- 4-Star WR Mycah Pittman from Calabasas, CA has a LOT of offers, now including UW.
- This was in yesterday’s Dots, but in case you missed it, SI’s Greg Bishop has an incredibly great story on Jake Locker and why he walked away from football. It’s a story Locker has been reluctant to tell, and Bishop crafted it beautifully.
Two former Husky linebackers are being represented by the same agency who released this video:
“Attack every day”
Waaaaayyyyyyyy to early:
2020 NFL Mock Draft from Walter Football:— WestCoastCFB (@WestcoastCfb) April 19, 2018
3. Jacob Eason (UW)
5. Walker Little (Stan)
6. Chase Lucas (ASU)
7. Jaelan Phillips (UCLA)
26. Jalen Thompson (WSU)
27. Tyler Vaughns (USC)
30. Nate Herbig (Stan)@UW_Football @StanfordFball @WSUCougFB @FootballASU @USC_Athletics
- The Daily profiles sophomore catcher Nick Kahle, who has been behind the plate for almost 95% of the innings the Huskies have played this season.
During UW Softball’s current 12-game winning streak, the pitching staff has allowed 0.75 runs per game:
Purple reigns supreme. @UWSoftball has spent 9⃣ STRAIGHT WEEKS as the number 1⃣ ranked team in the country (yes, you read that right) with a 41-2 overall record. #BackThePac pic.twitter.com/zb5pawgM2n— Pac-12 Network (@Pac12Network) April 19, 2018
The “GymDawgs” compete today beginning at 4pm streaming on ESPNU. UW will try to advance to the school’s first ever Super Six, which takes place Sunday:
Spring Preview, three years ago: