If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- During bowl prep in Will Dissly’s sophomore season, Chris Petersen jokingly asked him if he wanted to have a package of plays on offense. The move to other side of the football became permanent, and Will Dissly is now of the top tight ends in the NFL draft.
- Before seemingly every QB on the Washington roster was named Jake, there was Jake Locker. Greg Bishop of SI met with the former Husky QB and the result was a revealing conversation about Locker’s life and why he decided to retire from the NFL after a short 4 year career.
- Everyone’s favorite Pac-12 writer Jon Wilner looks ahead each team’s non-conference schedules. How does UW grade out?
- Jen Cohen being the lowest paid AD in the conference has been making the news recently. Here’s Wilner’s thoughts. (Sidebar: the top paid AD in the Pac-12 has fired 3 football coaches during his tenure.) Here’s to hoping Jen Cohen gets a substantial raise.
- Bush Hamdan back in action for the Dawgs!
- Something called LWO Sports thinks Jake Browning can win the Heisman this year.
- BBK might not have the flowing blond locks out of the back of his helmet, but he’s expected to lead what will be yet again one of the best defenses in the conference.
- Have you heard Vita Vea is a top DL prospect in the NFL draft? USA Today ranks him their #1 defensive lineman.
- Looks like Aaron Fuller could be the Huskies #1 receiver coming out of spring camp.
A Basketball Dot
- For your daily dose of Markelle Fultz news, I present an article from SB Nation’s Liberty Ballers, who think the young PG should continue to get minutes as the back up during the Sixers playoff