If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Cincy Jungle features Vita Vea, and wonders if the Bengals will draft Huskies who tweaked hamstrings at the combine two years in a row.
- NBC Montana talks Will Dissly’s combine numbers. Dissly excelled in the agility drills, and we all know how well he can block.
- Still gimpy from his ankle injury in the Apple Cup, Dante Pettis will sit out UW’s pro day.
- 4-Star WR and incoming freshman Austin Osborne has added 15 pounds and will be taking part in spring football practice.
- ESPN’s Mitch Sherman includes the Huskies as one of five teams generating the most excitement as spring ball approaches.
Getting ready for spring and what could be a great 2018 season:
Stay motivated.— Washington Football (@UW_Football) March 8, 2018
Stay hungry.#PurpleReign pic.twitter.com/ZB26HgOnj2
Larry Scott always full of great news:
Scott: not much more that can be done about night games before new Tier 1 contracts— Jon Wilner (@wilnerhotline) March 9, 2018
- The Dawgman guys discuss the Men’s basketball season and upcoming football pro day in their podcast.
- From the “Meh” file, Percy Allen rounds up some NIT projections.
Future Husky is the Nevada State Player of the Year:
A great season #7 and to finish it off Gatorade Player Of The Year⚡️ Extremely thankful and blessed #GatoradePOY #Gatorade pic.twitter.com/eJM1BdE2iG— Jamal Bey (@jamal_bey5) March 8, 2018
There is a lot of Dejounte Murray in this kid’s game (and hair):
⚡️Gatorade Player of the Year⚡️— Bishop Gorman (@BG_Basketball) March 8, 2018
.@jamal_bey5 #BishopGormanBasketball pic.twitter.com/XmEfz47T9k
Reportedly his next project is a life-size Jontay & Michael Porter Jr. mural above Chris Landon’s bed:
Local artist Alex Forster painting @UW_MBB hallway for @UWAthletics. Excited to continue to incorporate his incredible talent around our facilities. This is Washington. #GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/IuEFSyjuys— Philip Allman (@PhilipAllman) March 8, 2018
Yesterday was International Women’s Day. Here’s to some of the finest athletes and competitors at UW:
The power of sport.— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) March 8, 2018
Thank you for inspiring us.#InternationalWomensDay#GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/BvH5UCxv4S
23-0... and playing five games in three days this weekend:
Rachel Ogasawara and Emma Helm have been an intergral part of @UWSoftball's blazing hot start, filling in for their injured friend.— The Daily Sports (@UWDailySports) March 8, 2018
(via @J_Kirshenbaum) https://t.co/AdYNLI8I3H
First of two remaining regular season matches tonight at Alaska Airlines Arena:
Let's go #GymDawgs.— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) March 9, 2018
Join us on Montlake as No. 9 @UWGymnastics takes on UC Davis and Seattle Pacific tomorrow at 7PM.
>> https://t.co/YJrBYMKH3u pic.twitter.com/u7Au41r1aH
Could become the best pole vaulter in UW history:
Rare air.— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) March 9, 2018
Chase Smith's journey to the #NCAATF Indoor Championships with @UWTrack. #GoHuskies
>> https://t.co/YfBO8SD6GS pic.twitter.com/ue3nG34R1W
The Pac-12 season didn’t end as we hoped, but Mike Hopkins is a gem: