If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Adam Jude at the Seattle Times wrote about Vita Vea’s draft stock coming out of the NFL combine last weekend.
- Speaking of that, it’s mock draft season and said Husky is a constant in the 1st round. Todd McShay at ESPN ($) in his Mock Draft 3.0 has Vita Vea going 12th to the Cincinnati Bengals joining last year’s 1st round pick John Ross.
- Walterfootball has a pair of mock drafts with Huskies featured. Walter has Vea going 10th to the Oakland Raiders and Charlie Campbell also sees Vea going 10th to the Raiders.
- Daniel Jeremiah at NFL.com sees Vea sliding down to 17th and joining the Los Angeles Chargers.
- Pro Football Focus did their mock draft which is always a little wackier since it’s based on their evaluations rather than realistic draft stock but still has Vea going just after the Seahawks at 19th.
- Athlon appears to be the highest on Washington as they had Vea going 9th to the Santa Clara 49ers.
- The Athletic ($) has a 3-round mock that includes a non-Vea Husky as they see Dante Pettis being selected 67th to Indianapolis in addition to Vea at #10.
- ESPN ($) ranked the best offensive triplets in college football and came to the conclusion that the combo of Jake Browning, Myles Gaskin, and Chico McClatcher was 3rd. I’m sure no one this board objects to the Stanford grouping of K.J Costello, Bryce Love, and J.J Arcega-Whiteside being #1...
- The #7 seed Huskies play #10 Oregon State tonight at 6p in the first round of the Pac-12 tournament. Percy Allen says it’s time for Washington to put up or shut up.
- John McGrath at the Tacoma News Tribune insists the season’s not over and the Huskies still have a shot at the NCAA tournament.
- Joe Lunardi doesn’t see UW as being close to the bubble right now to the point that he straight up forgot about Washington and Utah...
My bad: Both Utah and Washington among the fringe group. https://t.co/aSwu7L0MSh— Joe Lunardi (@ESPNLunardi) March 7, 2018
- Ryan Clark at the TNT notes that the Huskies will have a much better idea of what their chances are like after the game against the Beavers tonight.
- Clark also profiles UW assistant coach Dave Rice who will be coaching tonight in the city where his brother coaches one of the top basketball programs in the country as well as next year Husky, Jamal Bey.
- Speaking of Bey...
6’6 G Jamal Bey; Bishop Gorman HS (NV) Scorerd 44 points and shattered the #EATCamp All Star scoring record. I’ve watched Bey grow from a boy to a beast. #Huskies are getting a hungry talent. #EATNevada HS Camp #MVP pic.twitter.com/V6DVokocJy— EAT Basketball Camps (@EATBBallCamps) March 6, 2018
- Sam Kokosa of the UW women’s soccer team was named a finalist for the Arthur Ashe award.
- The Washington Sundodgers finished in 4th place at the prestigious Stanford Invite in Ultimate Frisbee this weekend after entering the weekend in 5th.
Gabbie Plain earns Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honors.— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) March 7, 2018
Plain helped lead @UWSoftball to two wins over No. 11 Alabama and extended her scoreless streak to 16 innings. #GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/yQ4J6hsFco