If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Spring Practice #2 is this morning. Check out GoHuskies spring football page for photos and more as it becomes available. I have been unable to find an official schedule of practices, but according to the UW Athletic Office, practices will be every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday until the Spring Preview on April 21.
Special guest in attendance:
Dante Pettis is at UW practice this morning. #Dawgman— Chris Fetters (@Chris_Fetters) March 30, 2018
- The News Tribune’s Ryan Clark profiles the Huskies’ “old man,” senior tailback Myles Gaskin.
- Clark also wrote about wide receiver Ty Jones, who is bigger and faster this season, and had a nice first day of spring practice.
- Chris Fetters has five takaways from Wednesday’s first day of spring practice.
- Five is the magic number. Here’s that many storylines about the Huskies this spring from The Daily.
- Mel Kiper’s latest mock draft has Vita Vea going 13th to the Washington Redskins.
The Home-and-Home with Michigan is on:
Update your calendar.— Washington Football (@UW_Football) March 29, 2018
Washington at Michigan.
September 11, 2021.#PurpleReign
>> https://t.co/9QHeyEYDpU pic.twitter.com/rMYRDbz9KO
News: Michigan and UW are still on for their home/home football series in 2020-21, but the second game (at the Big House in 2021) has been moved up a week to Sept. 11. There had been rumors that Michigan would back out (like Wisconsin did for a prospective 2018/2021 series).— Josh Kirshenbaum (@J_Kirshenbaum) March 29, 2018
Bridge-Gadd makes his transfer plans to Northern Arizona official:
Coming home pic.twitter.com/GAzpHzf6vz— Daniel Bridge-Gadd (@Pvqb10) March 29, 2018
- The Beach Volleyball team blanked Boise State Thursday, the UW women winning all five matches in the team’s home opener.
Softball 33-2 and still #1 in the nation:
Recap: A five-run seventh makes @UWSoftball's win over Stanford look a lot less close than it was for a while— The Daily Sports (@UWDailySports) March 30, 2018
Baseball team falls to 11-11, 4-3 in Pac-12 play:
Recap: @UW_Baseball loses a tight one to the Trojans in series opener in LA.— The Daily Sports (@UWDailySports) March 30, 2018
I believe this indicates UW gets all 25 first place votes:
Washington opens the rowing season atop the CRCA/US rowing poll: https://t.co/arKj7mxu0y #NCAArowing pic.twitter.com/paPO0djkO8— NCAA (@NCAA) March 29, 2018
Today at 1:30, Sunday at 11:00am (the latter on Pac-12 Network)
.@UW_WTennis starts the spring quarter portion of its schedule against Colorado and Utah— The Daily Sports (@UWDailySports) March 29, 2018
There’s Hi-Def & Low Def.. this might classify as “No-Def”