Happy Thursday, Huskies! Enjoy some Dots, and don’t forget about the Dawgs taking on #25 Arizona State TONIGHT at Hec Ed, at 8PM on the Pac-12 Network.
- If you somehow missed it, the Huskies got a huge commitment last night from Anaheim, CA 4-star safety Julius Irvin. Here’s our story and the coverage from Adam Jude at The Seattle Times.
- Ryan Clark at the News Tribune has his article on the Irvin commitment.
- Jeremiah Martin, a 4-star pass rushing DL recruit is another big fish Petersen hopes to land:
February 7th .. Decisions Decisions— Jeremiah Martin (@IAmJM_) February 1, 2018
- Chris Petersen has more than proved himself a capable recruiter at this level.
The 2018 @UW_Football recruiting class is the best one, on paper, during the "modern" recruiting ranking era (since 2000). @CoachPeteUW may not care about stars, but he is getting the players he wants. #UWHuskies #CFB #Pac12FB pic.twitter.com/wvGVBZOVJH— AIRWOLF! (@redmondlonghorn) February 1, 2018
- Petersen, and linebackers coach Bob Gregory hunting for future Huskies:
- Great reminder of where things stand:
The #UWHuskies at the moment:— Ryan S. Clark (@ryan_s_clark) February 1, 2018
>are building the best recruiting class in Chris Petersen's tenure
>has the returning & incoming talent needed to challenge for the CFP
>basketball is 15-6 after going 9-22 last season
>could make the NCAA Tourney in Mike Hopkins' 1st year
- House of Sparky has Five Things to Know About Washington ahead of tonight’s game.
- They also chime in on the 2-3 zone and the challenges faced by the Sun Devils going up against it.
- The Columbia Basin Herald focuses their coverage on what each head coach learned from their previous bosses, Jim Boheim and Mike Kryzewski.
- Dominic Green has been one of the most improved Huskies this year, especially shooting from beyond the 3-point line.
- NCAA.com has a story on Hopkins and the remarkable turnaround he has engineered in Year 1.