26 days until the Rose Bowl. To the Dots!
- Sports Illustrated has their initial preview of the Rose Bowl, focusing on the match up of Dwayne Hasksins against Washington’s defense. Not surprisingly, a majority is spent talking about Ohio State. I think as Husky fans we should get used to the idea that most of the coverage leading up to the game will focus on Urban Meyer and Ohio State, with UW as an afterthought.
- Speaking of Haskins, is he the best B1G QB...ever?
- Our frenemies over at Land Grant Holy Land take a look at the Buckeyes from the advanced stats perspective. Offense = good. Defense = mixed bag.
- Back to the Huskies, Myles Gaskin, Kaleb McGary, and Drew Sample all accepted invitations to play in the senior bowl. This is a chance for all three to improve their draft stock.
- The Husky Haul sits down with sophomore nickle back Myles Bryant, who is returning to his home town Pasadena to play in the Rose Bowl.
- The AP released their Pac-12 teams and awards, with WSU cleaning up most of the individual awards. We’ll enjoy the team award that actually matters - the conference championship!
- Jon Wilner of the Pac-12 Hotline Blog provides his all-conference teams and award winners.
- For those going to the Rose Bowl, here is the official athletic department tailgate .
- A recruiting update on WR Kyle Ford, one of the top targets remaining on Washington’s board.
- More of this, please:
- And we’re just getting started:
Total Pac-12 Football Wins in the Past Three Years— SportsPac12 (@SportsPac12) December 6, 2018
1. Washington, 32
2. WSU, 27
3. Stanford, 26
5. Utah, 25
6. Colorado, 20
7. ASU, 19
9. Cal, 17
10. Arizona, 15
11. UCLA, 13
12. OSU, 7
- Tough loss last night to #1 Gonzaga on their home floor. Percy Allen has his 3 takeaways. Washington’s game on 12/15 against Virginia Tech looms large if they want to improve their tournament resume with a non-conference victory.
- CBB Today writes that Mike Hopkins deserves more attention for the job he’s doing at Washington.
- The Pac-12 embarrassing themselves, yet again. A “clerical error” lead to refs not getting paid for two pay periods.
- YEAH AMBER. Hopefully, a good omen against Ohio State:
- That’s pretty damn good: