- Urban Meyer will be stepping down from Ohio State following the Rose Bowl on January 1st with OC Ryan Day taking over for him. Washington fans can expect that national story lines A, B, C, and D are all going to be about the Buckeyes and Meyer. For fans hoping to get a spotlight on the program this is a disappointment. For those who just care about the game we don’t know how it will affect the players. I could envision Ohio State rallying to win the last game for their coach and playing extra inspired or I could see this combine with their disappointment of not making the playoff and result in low energy. We’ll find out on January 1st.
- It could have an even bigger effect on the Huskies long-term though...
Took all of one second for talk of Urban Meyer to USC for the 2020 season to take hold. With Urban, you never know. Good morning Clay Helton.— Dan Wetzel (@DanWetzel) December 4, 2018
- The Huskies earned a pair of 1st team All-Americans according to Pro Football Focus
- Ben Burr-Kirven and Greg Gaines also made the list for 1st team all-conference
- Nick Harris was the only member of the PFF 1st team all-conference team from the offense
- Jon Wilner talks about the poor attendance of the Pac-12 Championship Game and how the conference continues to be dwarfed by the other major powers.
Iowa State and Washington State fans are talking about Iowa and Washington fans. This is sooo cute. pic.twitter.com/bXpqsWWHdG— Chris Douglas (@ChrisDouglas515) December 3, 2018
- Brian Hamilton of The Athletic ($) writes that part of the motivation for Coach Mike Hopkins’ move to Seattle was to be closer to his father and examines that relationship and Hop’s motivations. A great read.
- Percy Allen at the Seattle Times notes that it’s hard to call it a rivalry when the Zags have won 11 of the last 12 meetings.
- Coach Hopkins spoke to the media yesterday in advance of tomorrow night’s battle for the state of Washington at #1 Gonzaga.
- If you are looking for a preview of the Rose Bowl, the Women’s Basketball team is taking on Ohio State tomorrow night at home. Unfortunate that the 2 basketball games have the exact same start time.
Washington vs. Ohio State.— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) December 3, 2018
See it on the hardwood this Wednesday night at Alaska Airlines Arena before you see it on the gridiron on New Year's Day.
>> https://t.co/XyX3VWytpm#GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/K9G7kygFQT
- Recruiting guru for 247 Sports put in a new crystal ball pick ($) for one of the best corners in the country Trent McDuffie (he looks like Byron Murphy 2.0) which might make Dawg fans happy...
- Coach Pete and Coach Malloe are in Hawaii checking in all of the commits from the islands
- Coach Huff is in Arizona and visited with OLB commit Bralen Trice
- Coach Lubick had an in-home with 6’3 Texan receiver Kennedy Lewis. The Huskies offered Lewis before he committed to TCU but he has since de-committed and appears to be another potential 2nd WR for the class in addition to uncommitted Kyle Ford and USC commit Puka Nacua who doesn’t appear 100% solid.
- Coach Gregory was in-home with in-state LB commit Alfonso Tuputala who wore an unfortunate shirt for meeting with a coach during recruiting season...that’s for Oregon and Alabama.