- The Seattle Times has the complete transcript of Chris Petersen’s press conference yesterday where he talked about the decision to bench Jake Browning, the decision to name Browning the starter for Stanford, injury updates, a quick preview of Stanford, and more...
- If you’d prefer to watch it instead you can catch the full replay here.
- The Times also has their Pac-12 Power Ranks which like everyone else has the Cougars on top...for now.
- One of the Husky’s top remaining recruiting targets, 4 star ILB Daniel Heimuli, officially announced his top-5 and UW is on the list. Most insiders consider Heimuli to be a Washington lean at the moment.
- Greg Biggins also has updates on the recruitments of two other 2019 Husky recruiting targets. 4 star DL Stephon Wright will take a visit to Oregon this upcoming weekend with a visit to Washington in a few weeks for the Oregon State game. He’ll then make a commitment the following week. Wright was initially viewed as a Husky lean but the recruiting folks have seemed to think he’s pulled away over the last few months. But UW getting the last visit before his commitment is always a good sign.
- And 5 star WR Kyle Ford will also visit Oregon this weekend and then USC and Michigan will likely get his final 2 visits. He includes some quotes at the end of the article with his thoughts about Washington.
- Dawgman writes about Noah Dickerson who is hoping that his leaner physique will lead to an even more explosive senior season.
- The Athletic ($) have their pre-season top 68 and the Huskies come in at #29.
- Ken Pomeroy also writes in The Athletic that the results of charity exhibitions are actually much more meaningful than you think which is good news for Washington who thumped preseason top-10 Nevada on the road last week.
- A reminder that the Huskies have their final exhibition game at home against SPU this Thursday. The game will also be televised on P12 Networks.