If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- While coaches are getting fined for comments made about the Pac-12’s officiating, at least the conference is finally taking some steps in the right direction. The Pac-12 office released a cryptic statement that discipline has been handed down to unnamed conference officials, as Adam Jude reports.
- Turning attention towards Saturday’s opponent, Cal is feeling confident after a blowout win vs. Oregon State, where both offense and defense finally clicked.
- Even with that confidence, Cal knows they know they are in a rough one vs. UW.
- Our friends at California Golden Blogs preview the Husky defense.
- Patrick Laird is Cal’s best offensive weapon and he showed a new side against Oregon State, talking some trash and playing with a mean streak.
- Cal has a strong pass defense that should challenge Washington’s downfield pass game that has been explosive at times. Washington’s running backs will have to be up to the task to keep the offense balanced.
- Congrats to Husky Legend Marques Tuiasosopo!
- Cal’s depth chart for Saturday: