If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Alec Dietz from The Daily gives us a little primer on the Oregon Ducks in a piece he calls 3-2-1, football.
- Adam Jude profiles Jaxson Kirkland, who went from the final recruit of the 2017 class to UW’s starting right guard.
- Lauren Kirschman from The News Tribune has the story on Austin Joyner and Jared Pulu, who are both retiring from football for medical reasons.
- Scott Hanson from The Seattle Times looks at five great QB matchups in the UW/Oregon series, and wonders if this year’s is the best of them all.
- ESPN details the careers of Justin Herbert and Jake Browning; specifically what each QB has meant to the Washington/Oregon rivalry.
Dawgman gameweek content:
- Chris Petersen Thursday with the media
- Opponent Q&A with Duck Territory
- By The Numbers
- Game Preview
- How to Watch/Listen
Some context for the Ducks’ “stingy” run defense:
Oregon Ducks rushing defense against Bowling Green, Portland State, and San Jose State: allowed 231 yards on 118 carries (1.96 YPC)— Luke Mounger (@LukeMounger) October 12, 2018
Oregon Ducks rushing defense against PAC-12 teams: allowed 312 yards on 65 carries (4.8 YPC)
Not a shock:
Cool breakdown, with emphasis on the “hard” play action:
With four 100-yard games this season, WR Aaron Fuller has turned into a real weapon for the No. 7 @UW_Football Huskies. @jtheaps9 shows how by breaking down Fuller's 25-yard TD vs. UCLA.— 710 ESPN Seattle (@710ESPNSeattle) October 11, 2018
Watch the full video breakdown here ➡️ https://t.co/dkCCeRwNEF pic.twitter.com/Et6JVkHs7i
Men’s soccer improves to 7-5 with the shootout win against Cal:
Never gets old: