Does Larry Scott have a scandal on his hands? In case you missed it, Yahoo released a story last night indicating that a targeting call against WSU was overturned by a conference executive who was in the replay command center, overruling the judgement of the officials both on the field and in the replay booth.
Pac-12 refs already had one of the worst reputations in college football and this does not help. As Jon Wilner writes, just when you think it can’t get any worse for Pac-12 refs...
Also, give us a follow on Twitter, won’t you? Now, to do the Dots!-
- Sports Illustrated is fairly confident that the Huskies can cover this weekend against Oregon. The main reason? Washington doesn’t give up big plays through the air.
- Adam Jude catches up with Bush Hamdan ahead of his first time calling plays against the Ducks.
- A quick breakdown of the spread and odds for the Washington-Oregon game.
- Game notes from the Oregon perspective.
- OregonLive.com takes us through a history of the rivalry with all the shutouts, blowouts, and streaks. This has been an odd rivalry, to say the least.
- BYU power ranks their opponents weekly, with Washington coming in #1.
- Our fellow SB Nation blog-o-sphere Addicted to Quack breaks down the Dawgs.
- Technically its basketball related, but Larry Scott is naturally answering lots of questions about the football officiating mess. This ought to be good:
- Basketball is right around the corner, and the Huskies should be pretty good this year! Optimism is definitely high in Mike Hopkin’s 2nd year.
- Washington makes Andy Katz’s Power 36 ranking ahead of the season.
- Check out our media day open thread for all the news and updates you need.