If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Both Dante Pettis and Vita Vea were listed in the top-50 NFL prospects by the NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah. Vea appears to be a consensus 1st round pick while Pettis could go anywhere from the 2-4 range with the combine and Pro Day still to come.
- The Huskies have employed many former Ducks over the past several years. Apparently, Oregon feels turnabout is fair play as they have hired former UW linebacker Cort Dennison as their LBs coach.
- Jon Wilner gave the Huskies 8 1st teamers and 3 2nd teamers in his early first prediction of the 2018 All-Pac 12 squad
- He also looked at every team in the conference’s schedule for next year and the Huskies have a tough one.
- Key Washington Class of 2018 CB signee Kyler Gordon won defensive MVP in this past weekend’s Polynesian Bowl.
- Brandon Huffman at 247 had his final thoughts on the Polynesian Bowl which included Gordon, Kaho and a still out there Husky target.
- Former Husky DE/OLB Joe Mathis continues his quest for the NFL.
#UDUB's Joe Mathis (@joe_sahil_IV) is BACK! Next stop: #NFL! #SacksAndStats— DLineVids (@DLineVids) July 7, 2017
- Coach Hopkins used Braveheart to inspire his players leading up to the victory over Colorado last Saturday.
- Jon Wilner moved the Huskies up to 4th in Pac-12 Power Ratings this week.
- Class of 2018 signee Jamal Bey made a major move in ESPN’s rankings as he entered the ESPN 100 at spot #93. He’s had a monster senior season for a player who had possibly the least fanfare on signing day a few months ago.
- The Husky coaching staff has used the fact that the only game this week is on Sunday to get out and do some recruiting. Coach Hopkins took in the Garfield versus O’Dea game last night which featured two 2019 PG targets in P.J Fuller and Noah Williams. While Coach Dave Rice was on hand to see 2020 5-star target Julian Strawther have 45 points.
- Former Husky PG Dejounte Murray has taken over the starting PG job from likely future hall of famer Tony Parker with the Spurs. He had a big game on national TV against LeBron James and the Cavs last night.
Dejounte Murray plays solid D on LeBron—with Pop’s help—and earns the King’s respect. Cool moment. pic.twitter.com/iQRv3C1RJu— Thomas Duffy (@TJDhoops) January 24, 2018
19 points, 10 rebounds, 7 steals for @DejounteMurray tonight.— San Antonio Spurs (@spurs) January 24, 2018
- The program wants to see a full Dawg Pack for the Wazzu game on Sunday.
Pack the house this Sunday.— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) January 24, 2018
Dawg Pack, we need you. The first 1,000 students at the @UW_MBB game will receive a 206 T-Shirt. #TougherTogether
>> https://t.co/Sbc7VwaMDp pic.twitter.com/u15Xu4VEO8
— UW Softball (@UWSoftball) January 23, 2018
Ready for season.#GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/ja4y78k5hk
Medical innovation sustains champions.— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) January 23, 2018
Read about @UW_Rowing's Marlee Blue and the UW medical staff at the new https://t.co/PzHBWUEzG0.
>> https://t.co/cPLFzubKrk pic.twitter.com/VOzmcMQNeX
The journey back to joy.@UWGymnastics' Janae Janik shares her story on finding confidence at the new https://t.co/PzHBWUEzG0.— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) January 23, 2018
>> https://t.co/VLFQkO8cXY pic.twitter.com/cn4FoLvUYN