- Adam Jude of The Seattle Times was busy this weekend, putting out an initial preview of the Washington vs. Rutgers game as well as an in-depth examination of how the Dawgs will counter Rutgers’ new-look offense.
- Jude also spoke to starting offensive guard Nick Harris about what he learned from last year’s season-ending loss to Alabama in the College Football Playoff.
- The Dawgman crew has a fresh podcast previewing the Huskies vs. Scarlet Knights matchup.
- Bruce Feldman calls Washington defensive backs coach Jimmy Lake and offensive coordinator Jonathan Smith two of the “30 hottest names on this year's coaching carousel.”
- Eric Single of Sports Illustrated says we learned from the 2017 season’s first games that “[Oregon State head coach] Gary Andersen could be in for a long year.”
- Via USA Today, Washington comes in at No. 12 in Paul Myerberg’s first re-ranking of the 130 FBS programs for the 2017 season. In his estimation, the Dawgs trail Pac-12 foes USC (No. 4) and Stanford (No. 9).
- The No. 3 Husky volleyball team suffered a home court defeat to the No. 9 Creighton Bluejays Saturday after dropping the first two games of the match.
- Stewart Mandel’s new college football publication The Athletic went live today. Congrats to him, Chantel Jennings and all the rest on this exciting new venture.
- Last but not least, tide yourself over until Friday by reliving the beatdown that was last year’s Washington vs. Rutgers game. (Man, I’m going to miss watching John Ross and his record-breaking speed.)
Dots: Washington Huskies vs. Rutgers Scarlet Knights Football Game Week Arrives
The Dawgs are playing a real, live college football game on Friday. Our offseason nightmare is about to come to a close.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.