If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning UW Athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow Ryan Priest on Twitter and subscribe to his lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- The Seattle Times’ Adam Jude lists his Top Ten takeaways from the Huskies recently concluded open portion of Fall camp. The Huskies will continue with camp this week, but it will be closed to the media.
- Our own Jeffrey Gorman has two recent posts on the blog for our Pound readers. First up, he looks at how the passing game will fare this season.
- He also layouts a compelling argument that Tristan Vizcaino will be the Huskies most important Specialist this season.
- Staying in the Pound family, our own Gabey Lucas had a recent article for Arm Chair All Americans where she made a compelling case that the Washington Stanford rivalry is here to stay.
- The New Tribunes’ Todd Milles profiles Huskies Tight end Will Dissly and his transition from defensive line to the offensive side of the ball.
- Andy Staples recently chronicled the changes in tackling that are currently happening in college football. Added bonus for Huskies fans; It has a heavy dose of quotes from UW’s defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski.
- Jon Wilner for the Mercury News has retired the College Football Hotline, and has created the Pac-12 hotline. I’ve got to be honest, I’d never heard of the College Football Hotline, but the Pac-12 Hotline seems like it will be awesome, so you should definitely check it out.
Non-Huskies Basketball Recruiting Dots
- Marvin Bagley, the number one player in the class of 2018, announced on ESPN that he will re-classify to the 2017 class, and will attend Duke. Bagley chose Duke over USC and UCLA. Pac-12 fans are breathing a sigh of relief today, well besides USC and UCLA fans. If you like to watch top high-school recruits wreck normal high-school kids on a basketball court, I strongly suggest you check out Bagley’s highlights.
That’s all I’ve got for Dots today. Have a good one, Dawg fans!