If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning UW Athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow Ryan Priest on Twitter and subscribe to his lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Leading off today’s Dots with this article from SI.com with anonymous coach quotes. They love the defense and Jake’s mental game.
- Our very own Gabey Lucas had the gall and audacity to suggest Oregon might improve under Willie Taggart in the future.
- Who caught Adam Jude’s eye during the first week of fall practice? A speedy freshman makes his list.
- The TNT also reviews the first week of camp. Is Justiss Warren in line for playing time this season?
- On the Banks previews Rutgers’ linebackers, who they say are trending up. UW faces Rutgers in New Jersey on September 1st, a mere 21 days away.
- House of Sparky previews UW for this upcoming season, and are not too optimistic about the Sun Devils chances against the Huskies this year.
- Pacific Takes lists 3 All-American teams featuring 8 Huskies.
- Vita Vea gets great penetration for an interior guy:
Hercules Mata'afa was a class above the rest of the returning Pac-12 interior defenders when it came to rushing the passer last year. pic.twitter.com/SMlXrgXdDc— PFF College Football (@PFF_College) August 8, 2017
- The Packers are still high on Kevin King, but so far he’s struggling in 1-on-1 coverage drills in camp.
- Meanwhile Budda Baker has been impressing in camp, and had a nice first game against the Cowboys.
- Is Elijah Qualls a potential breakout candidate for the Eagles?
- The tough coaching Qualls received from his step father DeJuan Higgins growing up, has helped prepare him for the harsh world of NFL practice.