- Adam Jude’s preview for the Husky offense published in today’s edition of The Seattle Times. As you might expect, the heavy presence of veterans — including quarterback Jake Browning, wide receiver Dante Pettis, offensive linemen Coleman Shelton and Trey Adams, and running backs Myles Gaskin and Lavon Coleman — will favor the Huskies in most of their 2017 contests. On the other hand, how the Dawgs compensate for the loss of star pass-catcher John Ross and the status of Browning’s throwing shoulder stand out as the unit’s two most pressing questions. The good news for Husky fans is that both of these questions have apparent answers: Browning finished the spring practices with virtually no limitations on his farm following minor surgery, and speedsters like Chico McClatcher are in position to at least mimic, if not replicate, Ross’ 2016 production.
- In case you missed it, a plethora of Dawgs were featured on a variety of post-season award watch lists that released last week.
Jake Browning has been named to the preseason watch list for the Walter Camp Award.#PurpleReign— UW Football (@UW_Football) July 21, 2017
>> https://t.co/dAc1qVpgG6 pic.twitter.com/P1t64WUxED
Myles Gaskin has been named to the preseason watch list for the Doak Walker Award. #PurpleReign— UW Football (@UW_Football) July 20, 2017
>> https://t.co/qSHrXMwKOA pic.twitter.com/BUYV9z17gY
Dante Pettis // Biletnikoff Award watch list— UW Football (@UW_Football) July 18, 2017
Azeem Victor // Wuerrfel Trophy watch list#PurpleReign
>> https://t.co/wYxu0ibi3C pic.twitter.com/x4apSOUgk8
- When I was in eighth grade, I thought I was a stud because I could almost touch the rim on a regulation hoop. At 6-4 and 286 lbs., Columbia, Miss., eight-grader Jaheim Oatis is slightly more accomplished than I was at that point.
One of my dreams came true.... He couldnt believe I was going to the 8th grade..... pic.twitter.com/ZX8qrvNRAX— Jaheim Oatis (@JaheimOatis) July 23, 2017
- The SEC was rocked by Friday’s unexpected resignation of Ole Miss head coach Hugh Freeze after it was discovered that he had placed calls to escort services on his university-provided cell phone. (Pro tip: Don’t do that.) Sports Illustrated’s Andy Staples breaks down the facts of the case. Could this unforeseen vacancy pave the way for the Mad Hatter’s return to the Southeastern Conference?
- Make sure to get in your time-off requests for a certain upcoming Friday. I’m sure we’ll all need it.
It's almost #Pac12FB season & time to make plans for the 2017 #Pac12FCG at @LevisStadium!— Pac-12 Conference (@pac12) July 24, 2017
Tickets on sale Thursday: https://t.co/Zb9ArafYUp pic.twitter.com/8vpTlVqSuH