If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning UW Athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow me on Twitter and to subscribe to my lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Washington’s crew teams gathered a slew of national championships yesterday, and fell just short to Yale in the men’s varsity eight grand final.
Congratulations to the Men's Varsity Four on their National Championship today! pic.twitter.com/9dyFsdt2o5— Washington Rowing (@UW_Rowing) June 4, 2017
Your Washington Men's Third Varsity Eight was crowned National Champions today! pic.twitter.com/jkr9W4ulKK— Washington Rowing (@UW_Rowing) June 4, 2017
Congrats to the Men's Second Varsity Eight for taking home the Kennedy Cup and becoming National Champions! pic.twitter.com/gs3K1brH1g— Washington Rowing (@UW_Rowing) June 4, 2017
- The women’s softball season came to an end yesterday in the World Series semifinal at the hands of the dominant Florida Gators. The Dawgs made a valiant comeback effort with two outs in the seventh inning thanks to a Julia DePonte two-run homer, but Florida pitcher Delanie Gourley’s complete game, 10-strikeout performance was in the end just too much to overcome.
- The ongoing saga Lonzo Ball’s battle with Markelle Fultz for pole position in the upcoming NBA Draft has taken a new twist, thanks in part to the clownish antics of Lonzo’s father LaVar.
- ESPN’s Jeff Goodman reports that Fultz is reportedly spending today meeting with the Boston Celtics, who own the first pick in the upcoming NBA Draft.
- 2018 quarterback commit Jacob Sirmon spoke to Scout.com’s Greg Biggins at last weekend’s Elite 11 competition, where Sirmon reaffirmed his commitment to the Huskies and stated unequivocally that he will not take any official visits to schools other than Washington.
- SB Nation’s Bud Elliot shared his own thoughts on Sirmon’s performance at the event, as well.
- Fellow Husky 2018 quarterback commit Colson Yankoff was at the Elite 11 Finals, as well.
Awesome experience down at the Elite 11 Finals pic.twitter.com/u96V8wtCDz— Colson Yankoff (@colsonyankoff) June 5, 2017
Yankoff couldn't throw due to injury but was doing classroom activities and learning on the field.— Kevin Wade (@KwadeSays) June 5, 2017